Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How fast are they really...For Infomation Only (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133510-how-fast-they-really-infomation-only.html)

dreamboater 06-23-2006 07:08 PM

Re: How fast are they really...For Infomation Only

Originally Posted by monstaaa
dude , your reaching for straws here. first he left him, then the footage. then no boost , no safety equipment.

and now desputing the length of " track".

you need more room.

safe face and except your/ his defeat.

with all due please. :cool:

So the big question, why hasnt reggie run this boat at the shootout. You are comparing open water, rolling start speeds to standing start 1 mile speeds.

blume 06-23-2006 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by OffshoreOnly
Put on your spectacles old man :D the GPS of Speed Racer says 178 and that was one motor running 6200 RPM's and the other one running almost 7000.

Deliver a Fountian Poker Run to OSO's Headquarters and let Steve tell you what it does with an unbiased opinion. In my short tenure working with him (2 years) he has been right on the money about every boat I have been in so far.

GPS speedo, what does the Garmin say??????? I have never seen a GPS say the same speed as the Garmin.....Ohhhh and by the way, guys like you and Steve are way they make 525EFI's.

RaggedEdge 06-23-2006 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Better than 183 was seen during the record runs. That was 1550's. This new boat is getting ready to run some 2200HP monsters. I don't see why 200+ is out of question. I know thats whats being talked about.

Therefore, you are telling me that SR can run close to or over 200??

Facts now, no bashing necc............

Whoa there! My boat has a beak too. You need to read what I said. First the record runs were done in a 42, the 47 was/is rumored to have potential beyond the 42. The boat run at the poker run has run lap speeds of 150, lap average speeds, in race trim. SR ran speeds in the 150's in a regulated speed run. Makes them close in my mind. Rumor has it Mr. Fountain has an eye on that 200mph mark, and most often he achives what he sets his sights on.

This whole deal is about what happened on a given day between two boats, what happens in the future, with more HP, or more boost, or fewer passengers, is in reality, another day. On this day Mr. Fountain handed the Cat guys their arse on a silver platter.

DollaBill 06-24-2006 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Whoa there! My boat has a beak too. You need to read what I said. First the record runs were done in a 42, the 47 was/is rumored to have potential beyond the 42. The boat run at the poker run has run lap speeds of 150, lap average speeds, in race trim. SR ran speeds in the 150's in a regulated speed run. Makes them close in my mind. Rumor has it Mr. Fountain has an eye on that 200mph mark, and most often he achives what he sets his sights on.

This whole deal is about what happened on a given day between two boats, what happens in the future, with more HP, or more boost, or fewer passengers, is in reality, another day. On this day Mr. Fountain handed the Cat guys their arse on a silver platter.

Ummmmm. I agree. (check out my screen name). I have discussed the 200 mark with Reggie at dinner.

Anyways, it's a great south florida weekend and I'm gonna go clean my 42 :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean H 06-24-2006 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Ummmmm. I agree. (check out my screen name). I have discussed the 200 mark with Reggie at dinner.

Anyways, it's a great south florida weekend and I'm gonna go clean my 42 :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a cat already did the 200 in a kilo thing (with less power), a few years back, so what is reggie waiting for.... :drink: :D

GLH 06-24-2006 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by blume
...to 2001 mph, that's fast on any track....

2001? Wow Mach 2.6.... That's fast...

DollaBill 06-24-2006 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
a cat already did the 200 in a kilo thing (with less power), a few years back, so what is reggie waiting for.... :drink: :D

Yeah, a cat. Not a V

cuda 06-24-2006 09:24 AM

I was at the Callan shop the other day, I don't know what that cat will run in the kilo, but I want to be on that 55 footer he has for that Catalina Run. :)

cuda 06-24-2006 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by OffshoreOnly
Steve tell you what it does with an unbiased opinion. In my short tenure working with him (2 years) he has been right on the money about every boat I have been in so far.

Just curious, I always thought it was Steve posting with this screen name. Who are you?

DollaBill 06-24-2006 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Just curious, I always thought it was Steve posting with this screen name. Who are you?

Thats Josh. Steve is OSOAdmin