Notices

How fast are they really...For Infomation Only

Old 06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: How fast are they really...For Infomation Only

Originally Posted by dreamboater
So you are saying a cat with equal HP will get out accelerated by the fountain??
watch the video and you decide.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blume
watch the video and you decide.
I have seen the video, and I doubt thats a good representation of what would really happen. The fountain is extremely fast no doubt. I doubt Reggie will expose that boat when everyone else is ready to run.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cool Re: How fast are they really...For Infomation Only

I have seen the video, and I doubt thats a good representation of what would really happen. The fountain is extremely fast no doubt. I doubt Reggie will expose that boat when everyone else is ready to run.
Reggie ready to run.......He is having a Kilo run in Washington, NC on August 4th.....dead line to enter is July 17th.....HE WILL RUN THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....The question is, is everybody else ready.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terry is very much correct, a standing 1 mile is a all out acceleration race, my 36 nortech pegged 162 from the factory on tattletale, Terry ran it thru hard and got 152 on video looking at tattletale, official speed was 142 on their radar, but I know it is a scary ride after speaking with Terry after the run, just look at Leon derreberry's website run at loto, he hits a couple of rollers and ass pucker time. by no means can it be compared to a Kilo, Daves 36 ran officially like 206 all out, but no boat accelerates faster than that 36 skater, he could only hit 186 in the shootout , so figure anywhere from 10-20% less than top speed in the shootout depending on boats acceleration potential, and how you hit the gun at the line, some guys were putting reflecting materials on their boat last year to get a more accurate reading, so there is some difference in actual versus radared speed at the shootout, wiggler
Old 06-30-2006, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can you question that part of the video? from almost a standing start, Rio Roses walked away from SR like he was in reverse.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the duke
How can you question that part of the video? from almost a standing start, Rio Roses walked away from SR like he was in reverse.
Maybe Rio Roses is that much faster than SR. I am just sick of the BS. That was a river race, you can have every excuse in the world why you got beat. In a timed sanctioned run, its all on the line. Thats all I am saying, I see Reggie is holding a Kilo run. I just hope there is another cat there with equal HP. Please show me an example with offshore style boats, where in a situation of equal HP a V-hull is faster than a Cat. I am just so sick of this Cat Killer crap. Why and the hell do we have different classes to race in. Lets race all of the V's against the Cats. I actually like Fountains, my Dad is on his 4th one. I dont argue that they are fast as hell, but trying to say Rio Roses is faster than another Cat of equal power is retarded.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Maybe Rio Roses is that much faster than SR. I am just sick of the BS. That was a river race, you can have every excuse in the world why you got beat. In a timed sanctioned run, its all on the line. Thats all I am saying, I see Reggie is holding a Kilo run. I just hope there is another cat there with equal HP. Please show me an example with offshore style boats, where in a situation of equal HP a V-hull is faster than a Cat. I am just so sick of this Cat Killer crap. Why and the hell do we have different classes to race in. Lets race all of the V's against the Cats. I actually like Fountains, my Dad is on his 4th one. I dont argue that they are fast as hell, but trying to say Rio Roses is faster than another Cat of equal power is retarded.
ya'll keep bringing up equal....it's a race and like always the one with enough cash will win....when you are on the lake and someone pulls along side, what does equal have to do with it....who's got the fastest boat.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
ya'll keep bringing up equal....it's a race and like always the one with enough cash will win....when you are on the lake and someone pulls along side, what does equal have to do with it....who's got the fastest boat.
I understand what your saying. I grew up around this stuff. When someone pulls along side and you race its who gets there first. If the other guy is an ******* he will let off before you can catch up. If a boat pulls up along side me that I know runs about the same and I have 5 people in the boat I may or may not race. If I race and loose and the guy goes and tells his friends he just beat me, great....good for him. However if he wont race you the next time thats BS. I would loose to a 90mph flat bottom on the river, no way in hell that guy is going to stretch that boat out for me to catch him. But who is really faster, he was quicker thats for sure. I just would love to see both boats run again, no excuses 116 octane or what ever they need. Then let Reggie parade around if he does in fact win.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I understand what your saying. I grew up around this stuff. When someone pulls along side and you race its who gets there first. If the other guy is an ******* he will let off before you can catch up. If a boat pulls up along side me that I know runs about the same and I have 5 people in the boat I may or may not race. If I race and loose and the guy goes and tells his friends he just beat me, great....good for him. However if he wont race you the next time thats BS. I would loose to a 90mph flat bottom on the river, no way in hell that guy is going to stretch that boat out for me to catch him. But who is really faster, he was quicker thats for sure. I just would love to see both boats run again, no excuses 116 octane or what ever they need. Then let Reggie parade around if he does in fact win.
Kilo Run August 4th @ Washington, NC.....the question is, it's easy to talk on this computor, BUT, who has the balls to go play with RF on the 4th........
Old 06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke
well that part is simple, if I'm filming a promo and no one kows it I'll pull up next to another Harley and smash it and walk all over him then produce a video...the other guy is enjoying a run and has no idea that he is part of a video...

Quick Reply: How fast are they really...For Infomation Only

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.