Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If Fountains are so good? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133526-if-fountains-so-good.html)

sakoutis3 06-23-2006 03:18 PM

If Fountains are so good?

Then why are there 181 of them for sale in the classifieds. Double the next closest brand? :eek: I can see you guys love em so much you just can't wait to get rid of them. :drink:

Airpacker 06-23-2006 03:28 PM

Re: If Fountains are so good?

ouch :evilb:

Katapult 06-23-2006 03:28 PM

How Many of Fountains have been produced ?

Semper Fi 06-23-2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Then why are there 181 of them for sale in the classifieds. Double the next closest brand? :eek: I can see you guys love em so much you just can't wait to get rid of them. :drink:

That is a ______comment. To truely make your point, you would have to compare how many boats they build a year. If Fountain sells 200 boats a year and there are 100 boats for sale........it's no different than if Cigarette built 100 boats a year and 50 were for sale...right?

Fountain produces more boats than alot of manufacturers out there, so it's only normal they may have more boats for sale.Every manufacturer produces different numbers, so you need to have legitimate numbers to make your statement true.. Just my .02

sakoutis3 06-23-2006 03:36 PM

Whats not legitamate about my numbers? Go to the classified section youself and read it. Its a simple observation made about the OSO classifieds only. Those numbers speak for themselves. I can't fabricate them. :cool:

Bottomfeeder 06-23-2006 03:42 PM

Whats not legitamate about my numbers? Go to the classified section youself and read it. Its a simple observation made about the OSO classifieds only. Those numbers speak for themselves. I can't fabricate them. :cool:

True, theres a lot of Fountains for sale, there projection for new builds this year are 500 and they've built how many over the years? lets compare apples to apples :D

Craney 06-23-2006 03:54 PM

I would think there are more Bajas produced then Fountains.There are 88 Bajas for sale now.

jryan26 06-23-2006 03:54 PM

Alot of people buy them

sakoutis3 06-23-2006 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
True, theres a lot of Fountains for sale, there projection for new builds this year are 500 and they've built how many over the years? lets compare apples to apples :D

If that production number is true then its really surprising that half a years production is for sale just here on OSO. Why would so many people want sell such "great boats" .

blume 06-23-2006 03:58 PM

Man you guy's kill me. I will make it easy for you to understand. Fountain builds about 550 to 600 boats a yr.
Cigarette builds about 85 to 100 boats a yr.
Outerlimits builds about 22 to 24 boats a yr.
MTI builds about 17 to 20 boats a yr.
Skater builds about 28 to 34 boats a yr.
So, use this to see who has the biggest % of boats for sale.
30% of Fountain's yearly production is for sale.
100% of Cigarette's yearly production is for sale.
200% of OL's yearly production is for sale.
100% of MTI's yearly production is for sale.
155% of Skater's yearly production is for sale.
Think about this???????and answer your own BS.