Small dilemma - need opinions pl >

Small dilemma - need opinions pl

Notices

Small dilemma - need opinions pl

Old 11-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small dilemma - need opinions pl

Some of you may know that I have been on the prowl for an upgrade. Since I wanted to be in the 32-33' range, after a thorough review I have decided that Sunsation has the best package out there for me.

'06 was the first year of the Dominator SS which yields the new bottom design and is the preferred model for me as it is slightly faster. However, I can't find one that meets my budget requirements as they are still reltively new. On the other hand, I have found an '05 Dominator that I really like within my price range. However, here is my dilemma;

When I decide to upgrade again, I am worried I may have difficulty selling this boat because there will be other used ones out there, similarily priced, with a faster bottom (SS). Do you think this will be a problem? Either I get the one I want now, or wait another year and find a used SS that falls within my budget. Thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Last edited by Ca$hed Out; 11-06-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Re: Small dilemma - need opinions pl

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Some of you may know that I have been on the prowl for an upgrade. Since I wanted to be in the 32-33' range, after a thorough review I have decided that Sunsation has the best package out there for me.

'06 was the first year of the Dominator SS which yields the new bottom design and is the preferred model for me as it is slightly faster. However, I can't find one that meets my budget requirements as they are still reltively new. On the other hand, I have found an '05 Dominator that I really like within my price range. However, here is my dilemma;

When I decide to upgrade again, I am worried I may have difficulty selling this boat because there will be other used ones out there, similarily priced, with a faster bottom (SS). Do you think this will be a problem? Either I get the one I want now, or wait another year and find a used SS that falls within my budget. Thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Check your PM's
Old 11-06-2006, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Try a dealer that could be up north that would really want to move the boat. The money in the bank is better than the boat in the showroom. If that is the boat you really want, make an offer, you never know what they will say.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered

Try this,

since you pretty much know that when you sell you won't have premium merchandise (not SS), make an adjustment now. The easiest adjustment to make is how much you pay. Quit thinking about what is "within my price range" and come up with a lower number that will allow you to win long-term.

Then, bargain a little harder. Remember, the guy you're buying from also knows he has an '05...
Old 11-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-11828.html
Old 11-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered

I'd wait till a SS came around or I had the coin if it was me. The SS is a WHOLE lot more boat, and the ride vs the pad bottom Dominator is said to be quite a bit better from those who have been in both.