Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is my girlfriend getting screwed? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133705-my-girlfriend-getting-screwed.html)

THRILLSEEKER 06-26-2006 02:59 PM

Re: Is my girlfriend getting screwed?

feedback is 98.8 with a total of 165

asg 06-26-2006 03:40 PM

I sell a lot on eBay and if the shipping rate is listed as a specific dollar amount, they need to honor that quote. It is not your fault it costs more to ship. If the amount for shipping was not listed, they can charge you the going rate.

I normally put the weight of the item into ebay's shiping sections and let the shipping calculator do the rest. if people don't want to pay high shipping charges, then by something closer or pick up the item.

If I put a fixed shipping amount in, I am required to honor it. Regardless if it costs me more or less to ship the item

Check with DHL. They seem to be cheaper for shipping large items. but don't pay more than $100.

Otherwise file a complaint with eBay.

BLee 06-26-2006 03:47 PM

I shipped a full bravo XR from a UPS store. They will do it, but it will cost ya.

GOODT 06-26-2006 04:39 PM

tell the guy to pound sand and see if cp performance will match the deal and keep the money in the OSO family

pachangalpina 06-26-2006 06:09 PM

I just recently shipped a truck grill to someone and we quoted the shipping as X only to find out that because of the size, it should have been figured as dim weight ( large box but light weight). Instead of X for shipping it was 2X. It was our fault, the eBay customer never knew the difference. You paid as you were supposed to and the amount that was given/advertised. It has taken how long to get to this point? I would give him one more chance to ship it and if you do not have confirmation, I would report it to eBay.

If you paid by paypal, I would go ahead and file a dispute and state the issue including the fact that the advertised price was considered in the amount you were willing to pay. Let them know what resolution you want and get the process rolling. The dispute can be canceled at any point but should be initiated as soon as the deal starts going sour.

Good Luck.

jtmiller02 06-26-2006 06:26 PM

I've only made that mistake once with an ebay sale, i bought a scale the next day. He eats the difference or the deal is off, period. Purchase was a binding contract to purchase via. the terms specified in the ad, either the seller completes the transaction as originally offered or I would, leave neg. and file the normal ebay/paypal complaints and find another source.

THRILLSEEKER 06-26-2006 06:33 PM

This jackass called her back today and told her that shipping has again increased and if she wanted it shipped for 160 he needed it today so he could ship.

F this guy.

Ive sold my fare share of stuff on e-bay and burnt myself a few times on shipping, but everytime I still honored my quote no matter how much extra it cost me.

I wish California was closer.......:hothead:

NJgr8ful 06-26-2006 08:59 PM

Thrill, I had won a set of wheels on Ebay and seller had same sad sack story ... he didn't 'realize' what the shipping charges would 'actually' be when he stated $100 in the auction. I knew I had a pretty good deal for the wheels and offered to split the difference with him. We both were satisfied come the end. Good feedback left for each of us.

You'll have to decide if the deal you got is worth it and what arrangements might be able to be agreed upon. I totally agree that he should / absolutely, stand by terms of his auction, but maybe the price you got it for is too good to pass up??

It is up to you and Donzi ... the feedback thing was scaring me too ... he can bang you ... and then you bang him (or vise-versa) is it worth it??

Iggy 06-27-2006 05:07 AM

File a complaint with E-Bay. Reference the add number and include quotes from the add regarding the shipping charges.
He should eat the excess costs. If it was my mistake, and I've done it, I'd honor the selling price. Maybe then he'll be more careful next time.

A friend of mine bought a used towable tube for water fun this summer. The add stated it was only used two seasons and in very good condition. The picture looked real good. When it arrived there was a 4" square hole in the bottom of the fabric cover, it didn't hold air overnight, and it was severely faded. 2 seasons my arse!!!
My friend e-mailed the guy 4-5 times with no replies. He gave up and filed a complaint with E-Bay. Within one day the jerk responds to the charges stating "what do you expect, it's five years old" "I never guaranteed it would hold air". He then left false feedback stating my friend never paid for it and some other lies. Feedback is important to my friend, even as a buyer, since he sells hundreds of high quality collectables on E-Bay.

Ironmanwb 06-27-2006 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
This jackass called her back today and told her that shipping has again increased and if she wanted it shipped for 160 he needed it today so he could ship.

F this guy.

Ive sold my fare share of stuff on e-bay and burnt myself a few times on shipping, but everytime I still honored my quote no matter how much extra it cost me.

I wish California was closer.......:hothead:

Sounds like a good time to add to your arsenal...........long range SAS missle?