Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
looking for a marine salvage yard in va beach the sells ex navy boats and parts >

looking for a marine salvage yard in va beach the sells ex navy boats and parts

Notices

looking for a marine salvage yard in va beach the sells ex navy boats and parts

Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default looking for a marine salvage yard in va beach the sells ex navy boats and parts

anyone know of a small marine salvage/used boat and part yard in va beach. the guy buys salvage from the navy and resell to the general public. the place im looking for is about 1/2 hour from the va beach airport. thx for any info, rm
Old 06-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: looking for a marine salvage yard in va beach the sells ex navy boats and parts

madman
Old 06-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: looking for a marine salvage yard in va beach the sells ex navy boats and parts

You lookin to build a carrier or a sub?
Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
madman
zactly
Old 06-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
You lookin to build a carrier or a sub?
if i told you, stecz would have to kill you
Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

RM,

Can you have someone post a photohshoped pic of your new carrier with the new Cig colors?

what motors are you going with ; 525's or them 1075 SC's
Old 06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Don't know the particulars, but the DRC (Defense Reutilization Center) near the naval base is where items of all kinds are put up for sale to the public.

There's a fleet of river gun boats sitting in Chesapeake that someone bought a few years a go that just sit at the Chesapeake Maine/Yacht center that have not been touched. Would be cool to see those fixed up and put back on the water. Made of wood I think?

There's also a black former SEAL combat boat that someone bought at salvage and spent three years re-building. He goes out and just crushes it on the ocean.

Wish I had more specific info, but that's all I know.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by itilldo
RM,

Can you have someone post a photohshoped pic of your new carrier with the new Cig colors?

what motors are you going with ; 525's or them 1075 SC's
nuke power all the way, i can buy fuel rods from iran starting next month

but for real for real, i was talking to biggus, konrad sells most of thier production to the navy. a lot of the seal boats have #3a's on em and there are being replaced with konrads. im looking to score a pair of the decomissioned drives. i guess there are getting rid of all the 3a's cuz the briliant people at merc want to stop selling parts for them. and the navy isnt going to buy the mini 6 from merc so it looks like merc is going to loose a lot of money the govmnt would have spent on replacement parts and 3a drives. i guess merc will enjoy seeing all the navy boats with konrads
bigus also told me several guys are running konrads with 1000hp now, so who in thier right mind would buy a mini6 from merc when konrads are priced right. the idiots at merc are shooting themselves in the foot...again
Old 06-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Registered

Don't know the particulars, but the DRC (Defense Reutilization Center) near the naval base is where items of all kinds are put up for sale to the public.
anyone have more info about this or how to find out about the navys auctions? thx, rm
Old 06-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered

There's also a black former SEAL combat boat that someone bought at salvage and spent three years re-building. He goes out and just crushes it on the ocean.
is that the de classified boat?

Quick Reply: looking for a marine salvage yard in va beach the sells ex navy boats and parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.