Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dockominiums--very pricey (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133871-dockominiums-very-pricey.html)

FeverMike 06-28-2006 08:46 PM

Re: Dockominiums--very pricey

I heard Rattlefish is going to move to Apoolo Beach. If this holds true that would awesome for me. Rattlefish has awesome food and there docks are the best in the Tampa Bay area. If Rattlefish moved to Apollo Beach and had the same style awesome docks they would clean up around here.

formula1 06-28-2006 09:52 PM

I'm relatively new to FL from DC. I think most of the property here is still a bargain! There is NO WAY you could buy any of the waterfront property that you can buy in FL even for what the prices are now in most places in the Northeast! In Cape Coral, I still see nice 3/2/2 homes on 1/4 acre with a pool and unrestricted Gulf access (no bridges to contend with) for $650k and up. Try buying a nice single family home with a pool on the Potomac River or one of it's tributaries for less than $1mil. :rolleyes: Even then, it's still another hour and a half just to get to the Chesapeake Bay! :eek:

As far as Dockiminiums go, all I can say is...at least you own it. Maybe it'll still go up in value! :rolleyes: There's just not enough dock space to go around! My boatel rent just went to $360/mo. :eek: It's time to build a dock...NOW!

Dean Ferry 06-29-2006 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by formula1
I'm relatively new to FL from DC. I think most of the property here is still a bargain! There is NO WAY you could buy any of the waterfront property that you can buy in FL even for what the prices are now in most places in the Northeast! In Cape Coral, I still see nice 3/2/2 homes on 1/4 acre with a pool and unrestricted Gulf access (no bridges to contend with) for $650k and up. Try buying a nice single family home with a pool on the Potomac River or one of it's tributaries for less than $1mil. :rolleyes: Even then, it's still another hour and a half just to get to the Chesapeake Bay! :eek:

As far as Dockiminiums go, all I can say is...at least you own it. Maybe it'll still go up in value! :rolleyes: There's just not enough dock space to go around! My boatel rent just went to $360/mo. :eek: It's time to build a dock...NOW!

That's the bottom line, there is only so much waterfront property in FL and the condos are going up everywhere there is an under utilizied piece of dirt/lot that's on the water!
Dean

dirtlawyer 06-29-2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I heard Rattlefish is going to move to Apoolo Beach. If this holds true that would awesome for me. Rattlefish has awesome food and there docks are the best in the Tampa Bay area. If Rattlefish moved to Apollo Beach and had the same style awesome docks they would clean up around here.

I heard the same thing - not sure where they would go though? Where Circles currently is? Hope not - sort of like Circles...

CigDaze 06-29-2006 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike

That would be cool...straight shot across the bay for me.

damdonzi 06-29-2006 03:52 PM

Our marina in NH is selling 20 slips. 30 foot (maximum size) is $149,900.00.

I asked what if I wanted a 38-40 slip? "You can buy 2."

:eek: