Notices

Eastern shore Tikki Bar?

Old 06-28-2006, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern shore Tikki Bar?

Any HRPA folks on here with info about this run on Sunday? Would like to meet some of the members, as I am a budding new member. Is there a marina over there or does everyone beach? 1 mile up the shore on the ocean side right?

Also does anyone know the cours for the Little Creek poker run the beginning of August? I am thinking of going on this.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Re: Eastern shore Tikki Bar?

The so-called "tiki-bar" is actually called The Pelican's Pub (I think) and is a part of the Best Western Sunset Beach resort. I'm on the HRPA email chain, and it does look ike there's an effort underway to head over that way Sunday. Two boats from Richmond (myself and "Excursion") will be in the area, so we'll probably join up.

There's no marina - everyone anchors out and wades in, if they go in at all.

For more info on the Poker Run, go to http://www.littlecreekregatta.org/

I'm sure Reckless will also provide more information...
Old 06-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Default Re: Eastern shore Tikki Bar?

Saturday/Sunday Info:
A large group will be running up the James to Chippokes late Saturday morning. Link with map is on the Weekend page of our site. I will put out an email Friday indicating departure/pickup times for the various points along the way if you would like to go up in a group. Otherwise it's essentially located across from Jamestown Island on the southern shoreline of Cobham Bay, or aka the shoreline of Chippokes Plantation.

I also have a shoreline map for the tiki-bar on the Weekend page too. If departing from Lynnhaven, you go directly north across the bay. Cross over to the western side of the bridge/tunnel. Tiki-bar sits just south of Kiptopeke park ramp on a map. It's the only building along the shoreline roughly a mile north of the last span of ChesBay bridge. On the very first page of the website the top left pic is of the tiki-bar. You drop a hook just off the beach, jump off and hang out. 2-3 sand bars are close to shore in roley-poley fashion. If low tide you'll anchor out and walk it in as the water rises, and vice-versa if you arrive at high tide. I think Saturday it'll be mostly low at noon with rising tide. Good spot to chill with a local band on the deck Saturday & Sundays. They have food and drinks available also. No A/C though, just shade. Usually the girls go up and hang out a bit with thelocals, while the guys hang in the water with coolers on the back within reach. Folks usually arrive there around 11-12pm. The tiki-bar as we call it, actually belongs to Sunset Beach hotel just up over the dune. If by car it would be the first establishment on the left after crossing the bridge. So the crowd is mixx of eastern shore locals, hotel guests, and boaters.

Poker Run Course Info:
Course begins at Little Creek Harbor; runs to Rudee Inlet; Lynnhaven Inlet; Waterside marina for lunch on the deck at Hooters; Hampton City marina; ends at Little creek.

Social/capt meeting Friday night at Bay Point Maina on Pretty Lake Avenue next door to Little Creek Boatel. Saturday's post run awards; card draw; band; etc. same place.

Go to our website for downloading the registration. Look on the "Hot Tickets" page for more info/links and a pic of the poster showing a rough sketch of the course. If overnight slip is desired like a lot of do, call Bay Point marina. Slips are available there and spill over next door at LC marina.

The website has basically all the info you need and like I said, just email me for any additional infor you need.

www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

Last edited by Reckless32; 06-28-2006 at 04:33 PM.