Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Merc 1000SC  the first set in a 50 Cigarette... >

New Merc 1000SC the first set in a 50 Cigarette...

Notices

New Merc 1000SC the first set in a 50 Cigarette...

Old 06-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: New Merc 1000SC the first set in a 50 Cigarette...

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I grew up in an affluent community and a kid in my high school had exclusive use of a new Top Gun (Dad had bad knees and couldn't even board the boat!) and routinely drove a Ferrari when his 535 was not around. So fast forward a few years and a million dollar Cig isn't that insane........

I can't believe after 67 posts you sleuths haven't figured out who's boat this is!

What family on the board is die hard Cigarette?

What family has two sons?

What family has their current Cig in the OSO Classified?

Feeling Lucky?

Anyone care to take a Strike at it?

Congrats to Jason.....hope he gives his older brother a ride every now and then!!!

Last edited by Top Banana; 06-30-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:48 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, this thread has so many twists and turns in it. Let me assist you all.

Peter Pavkovich of Custom Marine Sales www.custommarinesales.com built a 46' Cigarette called Helois (pictured below). It was delivered overseas. Shortly thereafter two 50' Cigarettes were built the second of which is pictured above.

The one above has 850's which are stock and painted 1000 at the request of the owner. The original 850 stickers were left on the motor to prove their real identity.

The family that purchased the boat is not from Pompano, FL as you suggest.

The Motors are not tuned down, or tuned up, or a new product.

OSO Steve used to work with Pete at Custom Marine Sales when it was a part of TNT Custom Marine.

TNT www.tntcustommarine.com is now on 135th Street in North Miami and is owned by World Champion Throttleman John Tomlinson (who runs the Bud Select boat with Dave Scott) and his partner Mike Thomas therefore the TNT (Tomlinson and Thomas). TNT is known for their Custom Rigging and Maintenance of some of the Fastest and most Expensive boats in the World. John Tomlinson does boat testing for Powerboat with Bob Teague. JT as they call him also was the stunt double for the Miami Vice Movie (see article in last months Powerboat Magazine for details)

Custom Marine Sale www.custommarinesales.com is located on 33rd Street in Ft. Lauderdale just down the Street from OSO Headquarters. Pete Pavkovich is a transplant from Toledo, Ohio area some 18+ years ago. He is very knowlegeable in Cigarettes, Skaters, and MTI's as well as most other boats. If you are ever in the area stop by and see him, you are guaranteed to learn something. He is easily identified as he and his partner in crime, Mr. Fugs, travel everywhere together. Mr. Fugs is a small Palmaranian who lives in a travel bag.

Simple as that.
Attached Thumbnails New Merc 1000SC  the first set in a 50 Cigarette...-helios_shots_st_tropez_fly_pictures_013_small_.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
LOL, this thread has so many twists and turns in it. Let me assist you all.

Peter Pavkovich of Custom Marine Sales www.custommarinesales.com built a 46' Cigarette called Helois (pictured below). It was delivered overseas. Shortly thereafter two 50' Cigarettes were built the second of which is pictured above.

The one above has 850's which are stock and painted 1000 at the request of the owner. The original 850 stickers were left on the motor to prove their real identity.

The family that purchased the boat is not from Pompano, FL as you suggest.

The Motors are not tuned down, or tuned up, or a new product.

Simple as that.
Steve,

I know that isn't LS's new boat but figured he wouldn't get to read any of this until Monday after the Sarasota run he might enjoy everyone else's speculation...........
Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok explain then!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Steve,

I know that isn't LS's new boat but figured he wouldn't get to read any of this until Monday after the Sarasota run he might enjoy everyone else's speculation...........

I knew you were just kidding but some people read everything as fact
Old 06-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat is badazz, don't know why everyone is so jealous though. you can't tell me if you were 15 and could have a boat like this you would turn it down. I don't even have a boat right now, and i say congrats to the kid and let her rip.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

This is the sister ship to the one that was at the Miami boat show. They were custom built by Cig (only two ever made/ stretched 46's) for a prince or some crap over seas and his son(s).

15 year old with a two off custom built 1mil+ Cig....It's royalty baby...Nothing is above them.

Oh, and Helios is currently at SC Marine in Huntington Beach.....That is also a SWEET AZZ ride in perfect condition. Due to go back to Europe as soon as it's serviced!!!

Last edited by thisistank; 06-30-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Registered

Here's a shot of the interior of the sister ship. This was the one with the tripple motors that were inverted (two in front one in back).
Attached Thumbnails New Merc 1000SC  the first set in a 50 Cigarette...-50-cig-int.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wait, so they were both 850sci boats? are they going to make more of them?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 375stinger
wait, so they were both 850sci boats? are they going to make more of them?
No, the sister boat had 1075s (I think!) but was a tripple motor boat.

I'm sure Skip will build you your very own if you want to pay 1mil+. You'll be the third...DO IT!!

The motors are also custom from Merc. Again, royalty will get you whatever you want bro.

Quick Reply: New Merc 1000SC the first set in a 50 Cigarette...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.