Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My boating days may be over. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134200-my-boating-days-may-over.html)

Chuck 07-02-2006 01:05 PM

Re: My boating days may be over.

Gino, I don't know you except for this board. I really hate the situation that your in. With that said... if the doc says find a new hobby then find a new hobby. Nothing is more important than your health!!!! Good luck, and hopefully he will have another solution.

dave911 07-02-2006 02:07 PM

Good thoughts on this already posted:
#1. Probly the box, not you. I'd go for the warranty claim on the ignition.
#2. Boating itself, is NOT a source of stress. NOT boating is.
#3. Trailering sux anyway. Time for a dockominium or other solution.
#4. Redundant kill switches do sound like a good idea.
#5. Doctors are paid to be conservative, and their insurance liability reinforces it.
#6. If / when I die, I'd LIKE it to be on my boat!
My dad had his system upgraded 13 years ago still running strong! Good luck! D911

blume 07-02-2006 02:08 PM

Gino, Hope you feel better and everything works out in your favor. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

GOODT 07-02-2006 02:17 PM

I hate hearing stories like this, Just be glad you around to tell it as stated earlier...........

you should start having someone on board to do the harder stuff and capable of running the boat if nessisary though but I wouldnt give it up

GOODT 07-02-2006 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
Doctors are like Marine techs?? just yes him to death

is this a compliment or insult......... a good thing or bad ?????

fountain1fan 07-02-2006 02:31 PM

that sucks hope every thing works out ok .like fred said get some help to load and unload it. may be your local boat hotel will let you have a special rack built . to set your boat on so they can set in in the water for you . best of luck . robbie .

RedDog382 07-02-2006 02:37 PM

Wait until the defibrillator is interrogated so your doc can know why it went off. Then you can make a more informed decision about what to do/not do. Several good comments here ... may have been a fault in programming, device malfunction, heat related problem. Unless you were feeling lightheaded and dizzy or felt your heart skipping or racing before it fired, more likely a malfunction.

Don't worry until you know it's time to worry. That will kill you quicker than anything I know.

Cash Bar 07-02-2006 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by OffshoreOnly
Good luck and let me know if you need anything. I have several guys I know down there that will be your rope b**** and do all the hard work to enjoy a boat ride.

There you go, whoring me out again!!!! :D

It's all good.

Gino, I am free during the day always. I'd be glad to help with launch/retrieve duties, even w/o a ride. I just want to help you stay doing what we all love.

Call me any day. I'm in Deerfield so close by.

Greg
678-778-4734

Rice Hauler 07-02-2006 06:53 PM

Lube,
Rice Hauler here.
I think that the comments of the board in general are to be well taken.
I STRONGLY AGREE with the comments of OSO and those of the like. Hear you physician out FIRST. THE fact that he did not IMMEDIATELY send you to the ER Speaks volumes to me and your overall condition.
The bottom line in a situation like this one is that you do not have to Bleed before your Cut.
Let's get an informed and educated opinion first then start figuring out the ramifications on your life and lifestyle.
Hang in the Buddy. Monday's here in a few hours and I'm sure that with some Prior Planning you can still have your cake and eat it too.
Best,
Robert Shin
a.k.a. Rice Hauler

lucky strike 07-02-2006 07:10 PM

Chin up !

You'll be cool bro !!

LS Steve