Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Etiquette at the Docks . . . . (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134305-etiquette-docks.html)

dean51267 07-05-2006 11:07 PM

Re: Etiquette at the Docks . . . .

in my slip in the marina the guy next to me has a house boat, 5 to 8 weeks of the year he ties a 24' pontoon behind the house boat, sidesways, making it almost impossible for me to get out. I move it every time. More than once I thought about forgetting how to tie one off....

fund razor 07-06-2006 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Fund . . . jeezus man.

It not about respecting a Skater, whatever.
I don't know if you read the "Shoes on Boats" thread or not. . . . honest to God, there were guys saying they don't want girls to wear friggin JEWELRY on their boat fer chrissakes. Like put on a Haz-Mat suit before you board MY boat ("wait there, I've got 'em right here").

This guys boat was much like mine. Clean. Shipshape. That's it.

And the "mental note to leave earlier" thing.
This was later afternoon. After 50-odd miles on a pretty big day in the Pacific Ocean to Catalina Island and back.

Anyways, it is NOT something I ever undertake lightly. Hence the thread.
It's been pretty interesting so far.

Like I said... your intentions were good... I'm glad that it worked out.

I was just trying to wrap the noggin around the "value to respect ratio" aspect of the debate that I thought was starting to come up.

The mental note to leave earlier was a description of what I do. If there is someplace that I wan't to make sure that I get a slip... I try to get there early.
I didn't know if it applied to you or not.

I did read the no shoes thread. I think that I posted. I am not nearly as bad as some folks. I will sometimes wear shoes on my boat. I won't wear them on another guy's boat tho.

Totally was not trying to abuse you Roux.

fund razor 07-06-2006 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by dean51267
in my slip in the marina the guy next to me has a house boat, 5 to 8 weeks of the year he ties a 24' pontoon behind the house boat, sidesways, making it almost impossible for me to get out. I move it every time. More than once I thought about forgetting how to tie one off....

He doesn't sound neighborly.

rouxsterre 07-06-2006 01:55 PM

Believe me, I agonized on it . . .

My whole crew is hungry as hell. They can SMELL the food and cocktails. They are drooling like St. Bernards all over my boat.

There is a space - right in front of me - that is exactly as big as my boat.

pullmytrigger 07-06-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Believe me, I agonized on it . . .

My whole crew is hungry as hell. They can SMELL the food and cocktails. They are drooling like St. Bernards all over my boat.

There is a space - right in front of me - that is exactly as big as my boat.

Roux
After a long hard tiring run like you experienced or if I looked and saw a big azz storm coming in fast I might be inclined to do things differntly than if I was just lollygaging around on a sunny afternoon with no particular place to go.......

rouxsterre 07-06-2006 09:48 PM

Well it came down to pulling his plug, cutting his docklines, or inching him back a foot. . . .

:D