Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Notices

Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Old 07-18-2006, 01:09 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I agree T2X..

When ya see a problem on a boat and redo it better ya wonder why the hell did they do it that way

One other thing.....many of these boats are delivered...in the winter..from factories in the midwest...

Where are they sea trialed.....in the bath tub?

T2x
Old 07-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
well...what about the story of ....ya know...the one power boat had.....the one where the towel heads would not wait for a skater.....cause peter had a backlog....so splash bang..bang....team victory....is that a true story?.....I do not know what is bs anymore......what is your mans version....since the farmland version was beat...tell us mr. president

What this?

"The End of an Era" a tribute to Bob Nordskog. September 1992.The article-Party Crashers. In the article by Mark Spencer it describes the Victory Team and Randy coming to Sarasota for the race on July 3 that year.Randy was throttleing the Victory 43 cat "which is a modified 40' Skater design" The article goes on to say, because of an eight month backlog of orders at Douglas Marine, and because the Sheikhs don't like to wait, Randy's boss Sheikh Mana "sent Scism and some other team members to the Skater factory to learn what secrets Hledin would release. Having never built a boat before, they returned to Dubai knowing how to lay up and vacuum bag strong light hulls and went to work. One of the early hulls was a 28' design that Hledin drew up and the rest were variations of Skaters." That article is about Victory Team coming over to race (and win) in the US with their Dubai built boats. To say Randy has taken what works and made it better, while discarding what does not, is accurate. And when Gary came along the rigging went over the top. Now they have taken all of this even further.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

What is this?http://www.marinetechnologyinc.com/p...%20HLEDIN'

Old 07-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Park a MTI and a Skater side by side on trailers. I have done it. The sponsons are wider and the tunnel is narrower on the Skater. The decks are completely different. Other than they are both cats with steps not even a close copy in my book. Maybe every V hull with steps is a splash of the Fountain?

I need to go for a ride in one of these MTI,s.
Huh Brad??? If they ride better then my Ten year old pig
I gotta get me one.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:08 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
What this?

""which is a modified 40' Skater design" The article goes on to say, because of an eight month backlog of orders at Douglas Marine, and because the Sheikhs don't like to wait, Randy's boss Sheikh Mana "sent Scism and some other team members to the Skater factory to learn what secrets Hledin would release. .
And that my friends.....is the whole story.......

The rest of this is simple spin to "justify" this thing into some kind of a heroic, creative effort.

It wasn't then...and it isn't now.

Bottom line ....originals are originals...derivatives are after thoughts.

Buy a Skater.

T2x
Old 07-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Bottom line ....originals are originals...derivatives are after thoughts.

T2x

Well this statement doesn't seem to intelligent. I am not arguing about which is better, MTI or Skater. Both are top of the line in my opinion, but to say that someone from the outside can't come in and look at how something is done and then improve upon it is very close-minded. When Ford was first to invent the automobile assembly line everyone thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Obviously Ford has improved upon their original design, but I think the Japanese could say they took a good thing and made it better. Much more efficient and quality control, etc... Computers would be another excellent example. Again, this isn't about which is better, just the fact that something CAN be made better by having another set of minds and hands on it.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy is no hero and dosn't claim to be,he doss have great taste ,greatly influenced by west coast customboats and owned some nice ones thanks to CLARK GRUNINGER. RANDY'S builder in wis. built those beautiful OBSESSION boats.He combined offshore race and cool custom that perform as good as they LOOK

Last edited by schnydo; 07-18-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I do not know....JC is JC Perf? I believe I heard he is a player. I sent him a PM a long time ago about drumming but never got a reply so I did not thing he played...is it his hobby...doesn't he build engines?
I used to play professionally for years, made my living at it then moved over into the manufacturing/sales side of things. I do not play like I used to ever since I lost my left leg. I work for DW drums and I change my avitar every so often and I love this kit in my avitar.

What's up with the roll eyes?
I talked to you on the phone.Remember?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well....I guess this is enough info. for all the mti guys.....
Old 07-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I talked to you on the phone.Remember?
JC...I have some things right before and after my accident that I just do not remember...sorry about that...no disrespect..cool? I just do not remember speaking with you...but you can call me anytime to talk about drums.
cell is 813-335-2937

Quick Reply: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.