Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Notices

Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Originally Posted by txriverrat2001
If anyone has anymore pics of the Mercedes boat - I'd really appreciate you sending them to me. As I work for Mercedes and a hardcore boater - that would really dress the office up a bit - Thanks!!

Capt Ross
[email protected]
As requested
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!-img129.jpg   Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!-img128.jpg   Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!-img127.jpg  

Old 07-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy Scism Has As Many Sea Trial Hours As Anyone On This Planet
Old 07-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like it that a mti came to our coast.....the tunnel ....with its tight compression ratio runs real good in the rough the steering wheel will soon be on the drivers lap... ...yes the traitor builds a nice boat......nice skater bottom and steps.....that boat is nothing more than a 36 skater stretched !!!!....with a beat tunnel.....am I missing something????
Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Park a MTI and a Skater side by side on trailers. I have done it. The sponsons are wider and the tunnel is narrower on the Skater. The decks are completely different. Other than they are both cats with steps not even a close copy in my book. Maybe every V hull with steps is a splash of the Fountain?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

So the boat went back to dial in some things...no big deal and I'm sure they will get it right. This is not your typical boat and total custom so some things might need to be worked out.
I will not buy another boat unless it is water tested before it leaves the factory. I did this on the boat I bought back in 2003...major problems at delivery. My 2006 38TE Fountain just like the 2000 29 I bought ran perfect at delivery.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure it's probably on here somewhere but I can't find it.... is the Mercedez MTI officially licensed ? I'm mean did they work with the MB factory or just put it together on a custom request ?
Old 07-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

I HEARD BOEING SPLASHED THE KITTYHAWK WRIGHT BROS ARE PISSED
Old 07-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered

Is anyone here familiar with where Mr. Scism got his start? Are you familiar with where he learned his design and construction techniques? A farming community in south western Michigan comes to mind. Then I believe that he was paid to leave the west side of Michigan to move to a place with a VERY HIGH concentration of crude oil to design and build boats remarkedly similiar to those made in a farming community in western Michigan.

After his contract/stint was up a shop was established a little south of Michigan and shortly after.....
Old 07-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shane
Is anyone here familiar with where Mr. Scism got his start? Are you familiar with where he learned his design and construction techniques? A farming community in south western Michigan comes to mind. Then I believe that he was paid to leave the west side of Michigan to move to a place with a VERY HIGH concentration of crude oil to design and build boats remarkedly similiar to those made in a farming community in western Michigan.

After his contract/stint was up a shop was established a little south of Michigan and shortly after.....
YES, I am very familiar with your question. Unfortunately you are mistaken. Randy grew up running the river in St. Louis, not Michigan. He sold a Skater to some guy over seas who couldn't make it run the way he had. So they paid him to go over and help them. They started racing it over seas and decided to start the race team and hired him run the team. Yes, they started with a Skater, But that was just a starting point. Randy and Gary ran the Victory race team and spent Millions and Millions every year Developing and CHANGING every aspect of the original Boat to develop the Victory Race Boat.
A tone down version of that is what became MTI. They are still making changes to improve speed, handling and safety.
They are no similarities between the MIT and the Skater today other than they both have a tunnel and 2 sponsons.
Peter builds a great boat, But give Randy and Gary their due. They build a great boat as well and it nothing like a skater.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
YES, I am very familiar with your question. Unfortunately you are mistaken. Randy grew up running the river in St. Louis, not Michigan. He sold a Skater to some guy over seas who couldn't make it run the way he had. So they paid him to go over and help them. They started racing it over seas and decided to start the race team and hired him run the team. Yes, they started with a Skater, But that was just a starting point. Randy and Gary ran the Victory race team and spent Millions and Millions every year Developing and CHANGING every aspect of the original Boat to develop the Victory Race Boat.
A tone down version of that is what became MTI. They are still making changes to improve speed, handling and safety.
They are no similarities between the MIT and the Skater today other than they both have a tunnel and 2 sponsons.
Peter builds a great boat, But give Randy and Gary their due. They build a great boat as well and it nothing like a skater.
You should run for office.

Quick Reply: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.