Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!! >

Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Notices

Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
Nice kit just a little inside joke JC played in studio we own way back when I hope he is better at engine building I play also with my son have a few kits!DW very nice Ludwig/Pearl/Rogers
Very cool! I worked for Pearl for 5 years back in the 90's. Great bunch of people at Pearl in Nashville. As you might know Rogers is gone...there is a store in Texas that bought the name and is importing from China very cheap kits with the Rogers name on them...it;s sad. My 1st kit was a Rogers from 1970. I had that kit until 1991. I never used the Rogers kit to play out on. I had a Gretsch kit I bought in 1983 that sounded much better. I have a Sonor kit from 1988 and have had a number of DW kits through out the years. Since I work for DW now for the last 6+ years I sell off my DW's and order new ones every year or so. The DW kit in my avitar is not my kit it is just one that I really liked in our booth at the NAMM show. My kit is lacquer Gold Sparkle 24" bass 10-12 toms 14-16 floors. Due to my travel schedule with DW and since I lost my leg I have not played out much anymore. I really really miss it.

see ya! Mike
Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Slandrew, hummmm....Skater or MTI huh? Truthfully I really do not know. I will say this....I like the looks of the rear part of the deck better on the MTI. However if I had to vote on the Benz vs the Bad boat.....I have only seen the Benz boat in person at the Miami show and the concept is cool but for overall boating enjoyment and looks I'd take the Bad Skater.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
I really like it that a mti came to our coast.....the tunnel ....with its tight compression ratio runs real good in the rough the steering wheel will soon be on the drivers lap... ...yes the traitor builds a nice boat......nice skater bottom and steps.....that boat is nothing more than a 36 skater stretched !!!!....with a beat tunnel.....am I missing something????
Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

This is what the site needs some more smack talkn!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont understand why the MTI guys dont want to admit where it was derived from.. MTI build nice boats , I dont think anyone is really knocking that.. Just give credit where credit is do. the MTI is not a splash of the skater ,it is though, designed strongly off of the 36 skater bottom. I remeber reading an article in powerboat yrs ago where they talked to Randy , and he said YES there are similarities in bottoms...I dont really believe it is coincidental.. hey if your gonna copy something , you should copy the best thing out there.. And if you improve apon it.. good for you...
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

I love when old smacktalkin threads come back 'round.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by waterboy222
I love when old smacktalkin threads come back 'round.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not going to get into any kind of debate on who copied who or who should get credit for what.

I think this says it all!
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!-193-gps.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Speed Record story.pdf (704.2 KB, 133 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I'm not going to get into any kind of debate on who copied who or who should get credit for what.

I think this says it all!

Almost!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That says plenty right there!

Quick Reply: Mercedes MTI vs. Bad Skater!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.