Old 07-06-2006, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
old scholl , ass ho-le

Hmmm...1:56 am post time

Like I said before, a very nice boat! Congrats Mentalpause!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Boat looks great in water, has a great attitude. Sunsation has done an excellent job, IN ALL AREA'S OF THIS BUILD. Well worth the wait for John. I can see that they went over each area of the boat to control weight, using hi-tech materials for layup, excellent bottom layup for maximizing speed, and descent ergonomics from cabin (over 6' headroom) to cockpit. There is a lot to like about this boat, and now the speed of the boat turned out better than predicted. Once you add the 500 additional pounds, some gas, and a few guys to achieve over 90mph in a 43' boat is super, my hats of to the Sunsation crew, Good job guys. Jeff
Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations......great achivement .... and just for me ...any other brand of boat with same lenght can achieve that kind of speed ????...with same power ???? and staggered engine of course ....
Thank`s a lot

Last edited by 25 hors la loi; 07-06-2006 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Have to redone the question ....french speaking !!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I've got the clock; engine meters; and water pressure gauges on the left side with angled bezels to provide me with good visuals whenver I choose to look over. I think the extra gauges look pretty boss.

The pics of the test ride showed 5 guys onboard. That's got to add up to some pretty good weight. Could iot have had a full tank as well, or do you think they went with a half or less just to check some numbers? The other main factor is props not dialed in. Sounds like the Maximus just might be the ticket.

True test though would be bring it to the mid-Atlantic east coast for some drills in true offshore conditions to see how she holds up and where some addtional shoring up might be needed in the cuddy etc. The lakes are fine, but offshore is where it will build it's reputation and if it's anything like it's smaller siblings I'm sure it will do fine. What do you think it will do with the base 525 package either tandem or staggered, ITS or standard Bravo drives? My thought process is the affordable package concept.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless32
I've got the clock; engine meters; and water pressure gauges on the left side with angled bezels to provide me with good visuals whenver I choose to look over. I think the extra gauges look pretty boss.

The pics of the test ride showed 5 guys onboard. That's got to add up to some pretty good weight. Could iot have had a full tank as well, or do you think they went with a half or less just to check some numbers? The other main factor is props not dialed in. Sounds like the Maximus just might be the ticket.

True test though would be bring it to the mid-Atlantic east coast for some drills in true offshore conditions to see how she holds up and where some addtional shoring up might be needed in the cuddy etc. The lakes are fine, but offshore is where it will build it's reputation and if it's anything like it's smaller siblings I'm sure it will do fine. What do you think it will do with the base 525 package either tandem or staggered, ITS or standard Bravo drives? My thought process is the affordable package concept.
Joe told me that he checked the fuel with the E-Trex system when it came back from testing. It still had 137 gallons in it, so it was not tested real light on fuel.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thats good to hear, which translates to approx. 91-92 light on fuel, with the added 500 pounds. Better than expected, great job. Jeff
Old 07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
thats good to hear, which translates to approx. 91-92 light on fuel, with the added 500 pounds. Better than expected, great job. Jeff
Now I just need to talk you into coming to Missouri. If you would quit standing around on trailers when big wakes come through you could have more fun in the summer!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Registered

Congrats! Sun's do a nice job.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Now I just need to talk you into coming to Missouri. If you would quit standing around on trailers when big wakes come through you could have more fun in the summer!
I am going to take you up on that, I always wanted to check that area out. When does it get cold up there. Also think about Key West in November
Old 07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
I am going to take you up on that, I always wanted to check that area out. When does it get cold up there. Also think about Key West in November
You are from WISCONSIN originally! Given that, it never gets cold in Missouri.

September or October would be good, but not sure about your schedule when the kids go back to school. If that is a problem we should try for August.

Key West will require the factory to trailer it down to Florida since I don't have a trailer. They may want to do that. Then I can just fly down and meet them.

Quick Reply: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.