Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bud Select (1) Kat Killer (0) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134522-bud-select-1-kat-killer-0-a.html)

thisistank 07-07-2006 12:35 AM

Re: Bud Select (1) Kat Killer (0)

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Prediction: Fountain makes a 200 mph pass, in a V-Hull, before the 2007 Miami International Boat Show. . . .

If Cigarette doesn't do it first...Don't laugh, it's in the works.

BLee 07-07-2006 12:35 AM

http://www.nautiboats.com/avi_images...0NC%20Kilo.WMV

the duke 07-07-2006 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
If Cigarette doesn't do it first...Don't laugh, it's in the works.

Cigarette has a boat that can run 150+. When did that get built??? :drink: :drink: :drink:

the duke 07-07-2006 12:42 AM

Prediction: Fountain makes a 200 mph pass, in a V-Hull, before the 2007 Miami International Boat Show. . . .

Prediction: Fountain makes a 203+ mph pass before August 5, 2006

the duke 07-07-2006 12:46 AM

This whole thing is funny as hell. . . .

Rewind to a couple years ago. OL made a kilo pass, and set a new V-Hull speed record ( according to GPS ). Everyone was dancing in the streets.

Shortly thereafter, Fountain made a kilo pass, and blew the OL "record" completely outta the water. . . . things got a little quiet for a while. . . . and the Big Cats slept soundly.

Fast forward to 2006. Fountain brings a new hull, places the big cats squarely in the crosshairs, and blows Speed Racer away. . . . everyone returns to the streets, but this time with torches and pitchforks. . . .

Now, clearly continuing his assault on the cats, Fountain's V-HULL "Rio Roses" targets the SUPERCAT Bud Select. However, Bud Select IS first to the turn. . . . once again, everyone is dancing in the streets. . . .

That is what you call "Raising the Bar" . . . . defined by Fountain Powerboats. . . .

OL can do no wrong
Cig can do no wrong
SR can do no wrong
Fountain can do no right

Reggie has ALWAYS backed up EVERYTHING he has said. I remember the article in Powerboat when OL said that their GPS run had shut Reggie up. Then Reggie blew that GPS, middle of the ocean stuff into the weeds, and OL snuck out of North Carolina with "blown engines"

Lets just wait till Aug 4 and see what happens

thisistank 07-07-2006 12:46 AM

To be totally honest with you, I can pretty much gaurantee Reggie has a boat that can run 200 right now. He just doesn't want to tip his hand. He knows Cig and OL are gunning for him and he's sitting back and waiting to pull it out. It's gonna be interesting over the next year or so. We'll see. I just hope no one gets hurt.

thisistank 07-07-2006 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by the duke
OL can do no wrong
Cig can do no wrong
SR can do no wrong
Fountain can do no right

Reggie has ALWAYS backed up EVERYTHING he has said. I remember the article in Powerboat when OL said that their GPS run had shut Reggie up. Then Reggie blew that GPS, middle of the ocean stuff into the weeds, and OL snuck out of North Carolina with "blown engines"

Lets just wait till Aug 4 and see what happens

Maybe so many people wouldn't hate Fountain so much if he/they weren't so f*ckin' arrogant. Don't care who you are, it doesn't look good on anyone no matter what you've accomplished.

the duke 07-07-2006 12:55 AM

Maybe so many people wouldn't hate Fountain so much if he/they weren't so f*ckin' arrogant. Don't care who you are, it doesn't look good on anyone no matter what you've accomplished.

Fountain may come off as arrogrant, but so have others. Mike Fiore's comment of shutting Reggie's mouth sure was (and he couldn't back it up). When people can back it up, it might sound arrogrant, but if its fact you have to agree. and he always backs it up.

the duke 07-07-2006 12:57 AM

To be totally honest with you, I can pretty much gaurantee Reggie has a boat that can run 200 right now. He just doesn't want to tip his hand. He knows Cig and OL are gunning for him and he's sitting back and waiting to pull it out. It's gonna be interesting over the next year or so. We'll see. I just hope no one gets hurt.

I agree with you 100%. We won't see his hand till the kilo's. and I hope that no one gets hurt either. I'd rather see OL or Cig get the record :eek: :eek: than see someone get hurt

Sean H 07-07-2006 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by the duke
I don't know. Could have been 1075's. Could have been 2000's with PSI's. no one but they know.

As far as the video goes, I have no idea. SR says it was edited. Fountain doesn't say anything, so WTF knows.

i am not basing my opionin on what reggie or randy say, but what i saw for myself in that video and by the people who were there as well.... what do your eyes tell you when you watch it? it jumps from frame to frame and clip to clip...

i am pretty sure if reggie was running small engines he would of made a huge deal of it.... that being said, the fact that he said they were 1500's makes you wonder if they were that small... :drink:

i give reggie credit for running as fast as he does, but until he dethrones the true offshore speed king, he might want to watch how hard he pokes the bear with the stick... :drink: