Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bud Select (1) Kat Killer (0) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134522-bud-select-1-kat-killer-0-a.html)

thisistank 07-07-2006 01:06 AM

Re: Bud Select (1) Kat Killer (0)

Originally Posted by the duke
Fountain may come off as arrogrant, but so have others. Mike Fiore's comment of shutting Reggie's mouth sure was (and he couldn't back it up). When people can back it up, it might sound arrogrant, but if its fact you have to agree. and he always backs it up.

I'm just stating the obvious. His little PR stunt with SR and his comments make him come off like an azz. People don't like it. He needs to hire a real PR staff instead of shooting his mouth off and offending/pissing people off. Let his boats and his actions speak for themselves. That angle gets more accolades and respect every time no matter what business you're in. He has a large company now. If he'd change his attitude it would double. And I don't care how much money you have....Doubling it is always a good thing.

RedDog382 07-07-2006 01:22 AM

I'm starting to think "the duke" is Reggie!

the duke 07-07-2006 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
I'm starting to think "the duke" is Reggie!

Wrong color hair :D :D :D

Plus my boat is a lot more than 100 mph slower :drink:

the duke 07-07-2006 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i am not basing my opionin on what reggie or randy say, but what i saw for myself in that video and by the people who were there as well.... what do your eyes tell you when you watch it? it jumps from frame to frame and clip to clip...

i am pretty sure if reggie was running small engines he would of made a huge deal of it.... that being said, the fact that he said they were 1500's makes you wonder if they were that small... :drink:

i give reggie credit for running as fast as he does, but until he dethrones the true offshore speed king, he might want to watch how hard he pokes the bear with the stick... :drink:

I've watched the video too many times :drink: , and it is "strange" at best that when it shows him walking away from SR from a slow start, that it then jumps away and only shows Rio. At best, it should show what SR did after that point. The rest of the video is useless, except for the fun of seeing Rio running.

I would not think that Rio had much more than 1500's in her. Too much more, and I don't reallythink they would have lasted as long as they did

To the best of my knowledge, the only boat to run faster in a kilo is Bacardi/Bud, so yes, Reggie needs to beat her to be the true "Cat Killer" and yes, I agree that its gonna take a LOT of HP in a "V" to do it.

the duke 07-07-2006 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm just stating the obvious. His little PR stunt with SR and his comments make him come off like an azz. People don't like it. He needs to hire a real PR staff instead of shooting his mouth off and offending/pissing people off. Let his boats and his actions speak for themselves. That angle gets more accolades and respect every time no matter what business you're in. He has a large company now. If he'd change his attitude it would double. And I don't care how much money you have....Doubling it is always a good thing.

Someone is gonna take this wrong, but when Mike ran the OL on GPS in the ocean, everyone jumped on the bandwagon and said how great it was. Then when he made the shut up Reggie remark, the same thing happened. So Reggie does his own PR which is in the same league as what OL did, and everyone jumps in his chit. Why was it okay for OL to do a PR stunt (gps in the middle of the ocean) and get away with it as a hero, and yet its not okay for Reggie to say he beat Speed Racer?

Both actions, by both companies had little if any inpact on sales. OL is sold out for ever, and Fountain sells a ton of boats. I don't think anyone buys a Fountain because of what Reggie does or doesn't do.

Fanatic 07-07-2006 02:11 AM

Schwarzenegger used to do the same thing and look what it got him...

Reggie built Fountain from the ground up to be one of the most successful boat companies in the world. I think he knows what he is doing. Reggie is Reggie and has been that way forever and always will be.

People buy Fountains for many reasons and I highly doubt what Reggie says on an internet video is really going to effect the bottom line in sales.

Bottom line if you can back it up it's not arrogance.

CMG 07-07-2006 06:48 AM

Maybe so many people wouldn't hate Fountain so much if he/they weren't so f*ckin' arrogant. Don't care who you are, it doesn't look good on anyone no matter what you've accomplished.

Amen

dfealy 07-07-2006 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by the duke
So you believe the PR release, but you don't believe the video? You can't have it both ways.

I believe a non affiliated magazine over a boat manufactures
edited PR video. Did anyone else see the land stop moving on the pass :evilb:

30Spectre 07-07-2006 07:55 AM

So, Reggie has a 203 mph v in the works.
Well, Leon Derreberry has a 240+mph Skater in the works as well.
And, I have a 380 mph Bayliner bowrider in the works also.

Until it happens, it is all hear-say.

The hard facts as of today..
Fountain went 177
Bud went 202

-both w/ 1550's...

Um, lets see... If I subtract 177 from 202, i get, um................thinking still..........................25 mph.....
Thats still quite a ways to go in a boat....

It's a proven fact.. Cats are faster than Vees

monstaaa 07-07-2006 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by dfealy
I believe a non affiliated magazine over a boat manufactures
edited PR video. Did anyone else see the land stop moving on the pass :evilb:

are you rerfering to the post??????