Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dragon Powerboats. Registry (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134553-dragon-powerboats-registry.html)

EricT 07-07-2006 10:54 PM

Re: Dragon Powerboats. Registry

Originally Posted by Springbrook
Dragon is NOT closing up shop. Vtec knows less than nothing.

Thanks Springbrook. He must be a parasite.

EricT 07-07-2006 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Springbrook
You can follow ARPRO's (the European Dragon) race for the European Championship at www.powerboatp1.com/results.ihtml
It is in first place. Oh, I forgot it broke apart. What a Maroon!!!!

Amen to that Brother. :D

EricT 07-07-2006 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Jeff you can't threaten people like that, Vtec you should stop before you further discredit yourself, piss poor posting and completely uncalled for. Most of us conduct ourselves as friends and gentlemen on this board, get with the program. :hothead:

Metal Bros your are the greatest> I could not have said it better. :drink: :D

Springbrook 07-08-2006 10:36 AM

In Vtech's sudo apology, he still claims delamination. I thought that Tank did an excellant job describing the problem with the strake. That is not delamination!

I own hull #1. When we were testing, we ended up cutting off 3 feet of strake. There was too much lift in the transom. Had the strake been molded into the hull, this would have caused a problem. Maybe even delamination.

Vtech, the first pass at Lake X was 86 mph. We had no idea if the boat was even close with the right props. If you had followed the progress through OSO, you would know that we eventually got 98.5 mph. I have no idea where this 70mph comes from.

EricT can verify Bob Teague's impression of the Dragon.

Ron P 07-08-2006 11:56 AM

Lets agree on a couple items.

Dragon makes a great boat.

The Powerboat article wasn't very flatering to Dragon.

Someone needs to find out where that 72mph number came from. Drives in, tabs down?

thisistank 07-08-2006 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Lets agree on a couple items.

Dragon makes a great boat.

The Powerboat article wasn't very flatering to Dragon. It was actually very harmful to Dragon.

Someone needs to find out where that 72mph number came from. Drives in, tabs down?

PBM was just publishing the facts. Again, whether it was rigging, Xdimension, drive ratio's, props, hull issues, they were dealt with properly through Bob and Craig. I do believe PBM knew the whole story but didn't want to throw anyone under the bus.

Craig and the rest of the team at Dragon stood behind their product and made things right with Eric. That's all that matters.

As we type Eric is out with Scot Conrad pulling a skier with the dragon for the Catalina Ski race. Another Dragon on the race course. I wish them well and can't wait to hear how it went.

vtec 07-08-2006 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
"Dragons are pieces of sh!t and are going out of business" :

Thought never even crossed my mind, and I did not post that

thisistank 07-08-2006 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by vtec
Thought never even crossed my mind, and I did not post that

Yes, I know you never said that. However, I'm not alone in the perception of this post coming off that way.

CustomRigger101 07-08-2006 04:08 PM

i read this post the other day before people posted on it and i looked all over the net.. i would never believe one of craigs boat delamated.. now someone spinning one out at 90 into a corner yas.. but the boat coming a part.. NEVER

NRG 07-08-2006 05:48 PM

What is the big deal?

If a boat broke, who cares, racing is the testing ground. As long as the manufacturer stands behind the product in a reasonable fashion, DONE.

If someones boat didn't run good at first, and it does now, WHY keep stirring the issue? Does CUSTOM BUILT mean anything? Do Indy or NACAR cars need dialing in? O, is it becaue YOU want to know? None of our business. Just email Craig or whoever and get your answers. Why drag them into the fire without cause?

The facts are the customers are happy NOW. An issue would be "if" the manufacturer hung the guy out to dry...did they? Doesn't seem so, with the actual boat owner saying he is EXTREMELY satisfied, this shouldn't be an issue, let alone, the owner of this dragon owes us NOTHING!
:mad: