Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Did OSO sell my email address to spamers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134566-did-oso-sell-my-email-address-spamers.html)

spk1 07-07-2006 04:07 PM

Re: Did OSO sell my email address to spamers?

Hmmmm Id blame Big SCoTTy before Id ever suspect steve he wouldnt trade my email for a brand new tiger but if you get that kind of offer on my email, I'll go 50/50 with U steve, hehe? Too bad for hustler, they dont think Im good enough to go searching for my email addy (i didnt get the brochure), hehe highschool rejection all over again. :evilb:

CMG 07-07-2006 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by McGary911
LOL. Since you posted those 2 addresses, the spyder will skim the site pick up these 2 addresses, add them to the list, and then
HUSTLER WILL GET THEIR OWN SPAM. :D :D :D

I Googled John, found this..

http://www.designcommunity.com/forum...author=raceday

Ryan Beckley 07-07-2006 04:12 PM

I got 2 of the hustler Emails

CBR 07-07-2006 04:15 PM

Sometimes various Poker Run organizations publish a "helpful" list showing exacty who is coming and their email contacts. Good if you are trying to contact someone, bad if a spammer gets ahold of the list merely by attending the event. I love Hustler powerboats, particularly their 50 footer, and they may be getting scammed by an emailer marketer and not realize what is happening.

Hauling Trash 07-07-2006 06:15 PM

I got one too.................

Mike

GOODT 07-07-2006 06:35 PM

maybe we should all email them to mail us sales packs and video tapes......... then tell them we arnt interested so they can see how far there advertising dollar goes per buyer, It might teach them that spamming isnt as cheap as they thought it was

Hydrocruiser 07-07-2006 06:51 PM

They sell our information to Bayliner salesmen. :D

asg 07-07-2006 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by GOODT
maybe we should all email them to mail us sales packs and video tapes......... then tell them we arnt interested so they can see how far there advertising dollar goes per buyer, It might teach them that spamming isnt as cheap as they thought it was

That is almost as much fun as listening to the tele marketer and then hanging up when they ask for a credit card number... :evilb:

offshoredrillin 07-07-2006 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by asg
That is almost as much fun as listening to the tele marketer and then hanging up when they ask for a credit card number... :evilb:

lmao, had one call once, I said hi and was polite asked her to hold on for a second, then went into a tirade yelling and cussing and screaming threatining to break arms, then picked the phone up and apologized, said "what can ya do with a 3 yr old?" she gasped and asked if I was yelling at a child like that...I said of course, thats not important though, I am interested in her sales pitch...she goes into it again, I wait for a second, then ask her to hold agin and go through the same thing yelling and cussing. she threatened to call the police and I hung up...lol :evilb:

lakeluvr 07-08-2006 11:41 AM

Not sure how they got mine either but I got one. And I knew in advance that Steve/OSO didn't have anything to do with it. Thats one reason why I like this site so much. Thank you Steve for all you do.
John