Notices

Precision Marine

Old 07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Precision Marine

Does Anyone Know Anything About Precision Marine Or Performancemarineengines.com In Houston. I Am Considering Letting Them Do Some Engine Work For Me And Do Not Know Much About Them. Any Help Would Be Great.thanks Patrick
Old 07-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Precision Marine

I almost tryed them, but before I had the chance, I stopped at a place called Scroggins in down town houston, They normally do automotive engines, I took him my long blocks and he built me two very nice 454's help me find used heads and all, If you can pull the engine and put it back in Id dropp my block with them. ask for Tom Scroggins and tell him what your looking to do heck of a nice guy, gave me a cash discount that I did not even ask for!?! 713-759-1772 by the way I did a BBB report on both places before I used them,,, scroggins, has no complaints since 1969,
Old 07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Registered

Mark At Precision Is A Very Reputable Company I Do All My Service At David Wade Marine And I Also Sell And Finance All Of The Boats At Davids Shop. I Had Recently Needed Some Assistance From Mark Two Weeks Ago He Was Very Helpful And Is Now Going To Dyno Both Of My Motors And Possible Do Some Computer Work To Them .. I Would Send Him Buisness All Day.. Every Day. Thanks Mark.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Registered

Thanks Spk1 Just Spoke To Tom Great Guy Seems To Know His Ch1t. Are You Happy With His Work?
I Have Talked To Both Shops And Just Want To Get Some Real World Info.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

did the computers on my last boat (500 EFI's that we boosted to 540 etc...). talked to the current owner (person who purchased the boat from me) appx. 6 mths ago and he commented how well these engines run etc... better than any other used boat he'd had. i sold the boat to him appx. 2 yrs ago.

i'd have no problem having my stuff sent back to Prec. and do recommend them.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
Mark At Precision Is A Very Reputable Company I Do All My Service At David Wade Marine And I Also Sell And Finance All Of The Boats At Davids Shop. I Had Recently Needed Some Assistance From Mark Two Weeks Ago He Was Very Helpful And Is Now Going To Dyno Both Of My Motors And Possible Do Some Computer Work To Them .. I Would Send Him Buisness All Day.. Every Day. Thanks Mark.
....What's the deal w/ the "Title Case" on Every Word????
Old 07-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by spk1
I almost tryed them, but before I had the chance, I stopped at a place called Scroggins in down town houston, They normally do automotive engines, I took him my long blocks and he built me two very nice 454's help me find used heads and all, If you can pull the engine and put it back in Id dropp my block with them. ask for Tom Scroggins and tell him what your looking to do heck of a nice guy, gave me a cash discount that I did not even ask for!?! 713-759-1772 by the way I did a BBB report on both places before I used them,,, scroggins, has no complaints since 1969,
What boat do you have? I also live/boat in Houston/Clear Lake/Galveston/Austin etc...
Old 07-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe
....What's the deal w/ the "Title Case" on Every Word????
SORRY FOR THE CAPS THE PROGRAM I USE AT WORK REQUIRES CAPS SO I JUST LEAVE THE CAPS LOCK ON OTHERWISE IT SCREWS UP EVER THING. I DON'T KNOW WHY JUST THE FIRST LETTER OF EVERY WORD IS CAPS. SORRY FOR YELLING

THIS TIME EVERY LETTER IS IN CAPS.

Last edited by BY U BOY; 07-07-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Thanks Spk1 Just Spoke To Tom Great Guy Seems To Know His Ch1t. Are You Happy With His Work?
I Have Talked To Both Shops And Just Want To Get Some Real World Info.
Extremely happy Tom wont stop talking to you after he has your money either. He will pilot you the whole way through. After I had the engines in and tested, I called him to say thanks, didnt say why, for all he knew I had problems, he could have pawned it off on his secretary, but he picked up as always, passed my test. If you go to some of the old school mechanic shops in houston, you will be sure to see his card on the wall. I believe hes a boater as well.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe
What boat do you have? I also live/boat in Houston/Clear Lake/Galveston/Austin etc...
I have a 40 excalibur hawk twin 454's

Quick Reply: Precision Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.