Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Exhaust Film Cleaner???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134757-best-exhaust-film-cleaner.html)

itilldo 07-14-2006 07:07 PM

Re: Best Exhaust Film Cleaner????

Dawn Power Dissolver and a Magic Eraser both bought at your local grocery store. Takes about 10 minutes to clean. Spray the cleaner...use the eraser...rinse with city water..dry off.

Mentalpause 07-14-2006 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
To clean the black soot off the transom use either Simple Green or Roll Off. To make the job easy keep a coat of ReJex on the transom. Rejex is the only product I've found to make washing transom soot and water lines off the boat super easy. Simple Green is noncaustic and will not harm anything plus it is only $8 a gallon at Lowes.

Is Rejex the stuff used on airplanes to keep the soot from forming behind the engines on the fusilage?

DannyD 07-14-2006 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
swipes, and it wont remove the wax...

It is the safest and most convenient method. Will not remove the wax or polish from gelcoat or painted surfaces, just the grime. Plus is great for the upholstery and bilge cleanup.

We have samples to make you a believer. Just email us your contact info.

sun 304 07-17-2006 06:25 AM

Which wax or polish has the best UV protection and will stay on in salt water???? Thanks :cool:

chromecat 07-17-2006 06:41 AM

if you want to remove the lime buildup on your exhaust.. the best thing ive found is "the works" spray on a rag and wipe on and then rinse off..... I use it on my exhaust pipes

Don

rbtnt 07-17-2006 11:17 PM

I use Zip Wax on the boat and the works tub and shower on the pipes. Both work great.

FeverMike 07-17-2006 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Is Rejex the stuff used on airplanes to keep the soot from forming behind the engines on the fusilage?

Yes! :drink:

FeverMike 07-17-2006 11:54 PM

I am telling you all that Simple Green will remove the exhaust soot easy and will not harm anything.

Use ReJex to make it even easier to remove soot and scum from the hull.

To remove the white chalky deposits from your drive or chrome exhuast tips use Lime-A-Way.

DannyD 07-18-2006 12:14 AM

Cigarette38topgun - We shipped your product out today.

Happy cleaning! :D

Boomer 880 07-18-2006 06:21 AM

Update:

I tried Hot Sauce on the hull and Transom Sauce on the stern... did not meet my expectations and would not re-order. The Transom Sauce did OK, but not great. Hot Sauce did little or nothing after a weekend of boating.