Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   32' DCB at SOTW (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134776-32-dcb-sotw.html)

Nauti Kitty 07-10-2006 07:59 PM

Re: 32' DCB at SOTW

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Are you ever really "here now"....... :eek: :D

Relatively speaking that's up for debate.
I was in this case talking "scatter my ashes on a rough day" dead. NK

GLH 07-11-2006 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
...BTW I own a 32 skater with big power and had I gone out and tried to run hard I wouldn't be here now. :eek:

If the big mook says that, I'll hang my hat on it!

Boomer 880 07-11-2006 07:57 AM

Nauti Kitty... could you run your 32' in that stuff at a reasonable rate (45-60 mph) without having a huge a55 pucker the entire time? Or, are you not able to go out if the waves are >4'. Unfortunately, the kids do not like to run in the big stuff, so we are looking at different options. I am trying to get an idea if a 32' cat is way too small for Lake Michigan. I am considering something a bit smaller, so that we can hit some of the smaller lakes and trailer the boat easier. Mostly kicking tires at this time, but looking for educated opinions on this matter.

TeamSaris 07-11-2006 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
Nauti Kitty... could you run your 32' in that stuff at a reasonable rate (45-60 mph) without having a huge a55 pucker the entire time? Or, are you not able to go out if the waves are >4'. Unfortunately, the kids do not like to run in the big stuff, so we are looking at different options. I am trying to get an idea if a 32' cat is way too small for Lake Michigan. I am considering something a bit smaller, so that we can hit some of the smaller lakes and trailer the boat easier. Mostly kicking tires at this time, but looking for educated opinions on this matter.

Have you considered a 32 spectre there are a cuople of 2005 in the classifieds for well under 200k.

Nauti Kitty 07-11-2006 08:45 AM

Boomer
A 32 cat from anyone is going to limit the amount of days you can go out on Lake Michigan and it isn't the best kids boat. 1-2 you are ok anything above that gets uncomfortable. The main difference between the cats and the v's is that if it is rough you can trim the v down and run 40-60 and be ok. The cats really need to get on top to run. There is little middle ground. You are either going like mad or going really slow.
On calm water they are the cats ass. Good luck NK

Nauti Kitty 07-11-2006 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
If the big mook says that, I'll hang my hat on it!

I just know "mook" is french canadian for something unpleasent. :rolleyes: NK

BTW How is the big rig running? Blown a drive yet?

GLH 07-11-2006 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
...BTW How is the big rig running? Blown a drive yet?

Got 97.1 out of it but no ideal waters and fuel load yet... same speed in 1ft as in 5 footers...The other rig hit the faster speeds in about 2-2.5 footers so we will see.

Rides very stable at high speed in 4+ feels less flighty than the Bravo boat, might be cause it's heavier in the rear end with the bigger mills , drive and the transmissions.

I think breaking those drives might be a serious challenge...

Nauti Kitty 07-11-2006 09:46 AM

Awesome. Less flighty probably because you stay better hooked up with the 6's. Glad to hear all is well. See ya in key west. NK

T2x 07-11-2006 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Some times I am suprised you ever gave up a pencile for a computer!!! :drink: :drink:

I 'd still use a pencil but I haven't figured out how to upload pictures with it.......... :cool:

T2x

FeverMike 07-11-2006 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
I 'd still use a pencil but I haven't figured out how to upload pictures with it.......... :cool:

T2x

Actually since you calim to be older than dirt I am very impressed you can even turn the computer on...maybe T2X is really Darrin! :evilb: :drink: