Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sold my Manifolds, (Thanks OSO) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134834-sold-my-manifolds-thanks-oso.html)

Dean Ferry 07-10-2006 03:53 PM

Sold my Manifolds, (Thanks OSO)

Now, how do I get them to new owner, (I know, UPS) but how do I get paid for them and the buyer not run the risk of my stiffing him? :rolleyes: Do I do UPS COD or what?
Thanks again Steve,
Dean

DURANGOKID59 07-10-2006 04:00 PM

Re: Sold my Manifolds, (Thanks OSO)

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Now, how do I get them to new owner, (I know, UPS) but how do I get paid for them and the buyer not run the risk of my stiffing him? :rolleyes: Do I do UPS COD or what?
Thanks again Steve,
Dean

That might be the best way, is do it COD, and then he doesnt get the parts till ups collects a check, and he doesnt send a check until the parts are on his doorstep.

BajaBennett 07-10-2006 04:10 PM

Dean,
Congratulations, Whoever purchased these got a real deal, brand new and still in the box. Now how to get paid and how to get the items to the buyer???????? I would call UPS and see what their policy is on COD's. Since it is no small amount of $$$$, you and the buyer have to feel safe.

Dail

Fountain38SC 07-10-2006 05:01 PM

Fedex COD certified funds, UPS continues to suck!

Indy 07-10-2006 06:24 PM

Good job Dean...I'm sure I'll regret this at some point :rolleyes:

cuda 07-10-2006 06:30 PM

If I were the buyer, I'd pay first, without being asked. Is it an Oso member?

dean51267 07-10-2006 06:31 PM

I just sold stock manifolds, had the seller send me a check for amount due and $100 for shipping, anything over $100 I will send back. He had to trust me, but it is not a lot of money, so the risk is much smaller. However if I am a crook, he would not know it, sometimes a little risk makes life a lot easier to navigate... besides, if you sold them on here, and either side ripped off the other, it would be very, very ugly...

CigDaze 07-10-2006 06:34 PM

Congratulations on the sale, Dean.

It's a tough call on the shipping, as it's a matter of faith - on both parties.
FEDEX certified COD is a safe way to go.

Dean Ferry 07-11-2006 05:35 AM

Thanks for the input guys, look like FED-EX Certified COD is the best way for both of us to minimize the risk for each other. I went and got the manifolds out of my storage unit last night and getting them ready to ship today. :D
Dean

Poorsche 07-11-2006 06:24 AM

Paypal is another good option--