Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
$10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos... >

$10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Notices

$10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Old 07-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Originally Posted by blume
you do not have to have a race boat to run the SBI kilo's at Reggie's place. if someone wants to run call John at SBI. 305-296-6166...They will have a helicopter with divers, a Doctor on the course and emergency personal on the banks as well as on the water and helicopters videoing you. If some one want to run John will try his best to get you on the course. I talked to him about this for 30 min. this morning. It would be nice to see all the big boats run, he even said the gas turbines could come.....you don't have to have a canopy boat......just safty equipment, become a member of SBI, and pay to run the Kilo......
Then why do the rules say something completely different?

http://www.superboat.com/docs/06%20Kilo%20Packet.pdf

Is John letting anyone run (as long as they pay) just to see how fast they go, but not qualify for the UIM title????
I would think the price would be less if the UIM title wasn't on the table.

The UIM title is for race boats, PERIOD. The AMF Kilo had a houseboat and pontoon boat. No UIM at stake there.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
This sounds like a real step towards settling the BS. The main problem is still found in the qualifying of the speeds. If ANYONE runs a PLEASURE boat and doesn't race it, what are th odds that it will be negated(the speed) and we will again hear how Fountains are the "Fastest in the World" .......??
What qualifying of speeds??? The Kilo rules are very specific on length, timing, and time between runs.

If Fountain goes out and runs an average of the two passes at 190.00, and OL goes out and runs 189.99 then Fountain is faster. Sounds pretty simple to me.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke
What qualifying of speeds??? The Kilo rules are very specific on length, timing, and time between runs.

If Fountain goes out and runs an average of the two passes at 190.00, and OL goes out and runs 189.99 then Fountain is faster. Sounds pretty simple to me.

By qualifying of speeds, I meant the "race within the time frame" rule. It seems useless to take them up on the offer, pay the fat cash, then they DQ your speed when you don't race in "their" time frame.

I know it's weeks later, but do you think that matters to the guy the kills the "Cat Killer" only to see his speed DQ'd and Fountain again crowing about the Kilo records.....
Old 07-12-2006, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
By qualifying of speeds, I meant the "race within the time frame" rule. It seems useless to take them up on the offer, pay the fat cash, then they DQ your speed when you don't race in "their" time frame.
:
what do you mean by DQ for time? The rules say that you have to make 2 passes with 15 minutes max between them. If you do that how can your times be DQ'ed?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:58 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you mean by DQ for time? The rules say that you have to make 2 passes with 15 minutes max between them. If you do that how can your times be DQ'ed?
he's talking about backing up your time with running a race i believe, if you don't do that, i believe your run gets wiped from the books.... does it not? so for example if SR did show up and run the kilo, his time would be wiped out whenever he didn't come out and race since it wasnt a race boat....
Old 07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Then why do the rules say something completely different?

http://www.superboat.com/docs/06%20Kilo%20Packet.pdf

Is John letting anyone run (as long as they pay) just to see how fast they go, but not qualify for the UIM title????
I would think the price would be less if the UIM title wasn't on the table.

The UIM title is for race boats, PERIOD. The AMF Kilo had a houseboat and pontoon boat. No UIM at stake there.
you can go run and if you set a record and want the UIM speed record then you would have to run 1,2, or 3 before the Kilo's or after, the key here is after, if you set a record, for it to be a UIM record, in the UIM record book, then you would have to run 1,2, or 3 after the Kilo's at a SBI event for it to be a record.........all that being said, if you run at Reggie's you will get a official speed in the kilo......again, if you want to run, call John at SBI...305-296-6166
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by blume
.........all that being said, if you run at Reggie's you will get a official speed in the kilo......again, if you want to run, call John at SBI...305-296-6166
Are you saying that if you run at Fountain, and DON'T run the race, you will still get a kilo record?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you saying that if you run at Fountain, and DON'T run the race, you will still get a kilo record?
you will get an "official" piece of paper saying how fast you went, it won't mean anything unless you back it up with a top 3 spot in a race at some point... your run won't exist if you don't finish your "qualifying" (how can you qualify after an event?) in the allotted time...

basically, i don't see any pleasure boats showing up to pay 10k plus expenses to run in an official kilo that they aren't going to be eligible to "win"...
Old 07-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys JC has adopted the APBA/UIM rules, you know the same rules that were in place long before John was a gleam in APBA/UIM's eyes. Just like Blume said if you want to run, then come up to NC and run, if not, then you have the options of running the LOTO shootout or the Cresent City cookout. We all have choices geeez but 90% percent of you never had the desire to run in the first place but decided to get on here and whine about it.

Of note I have attended every year since 2002 and I remember once upon a time that a Super Vee named "The Switch"(Extreme) walked right in, took the kilo record and walked away with it. Was Reggie upset?, I am sure he was, but all that made him do was go back to the drawing board and design faster and safer boats. I hope OL, Cig, and the Skater guys come in and give Reg a run for his money, cause all that does is make boats better in general.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:54 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: $10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

But the current RR is a Fountain hull.
This is the same boat that the bottom pealed off in Key West last year???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: $10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.