Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
$10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos... >

$10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Notices

$10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: $10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Very interesting Shane!

Now on the other side of the coin, perhaps the faster guys should save their money and let RF fill each category in the KILOs with Fountains. It will make it much easier for the Video Editor producing the Saturday morning Fountain Infomercial....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: $10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

This is a SBI/APBA sanctioned event. This is for race boats not pleasure boats. Reggie does not write the rule book. Every Kilo I have ever been to for the last 10 years were for race boats.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
Then when HE hosts the Kilo run, he places the stipulation on entry of having placed 1, 2, or 3 in a sanctioned race event! Hmmmmm, he crashes someone elses party and uses them and their event to promote himself
This is not a Fountain Kilo run. Its an SBI run. It may be in the river by the Fountain factory, but its not "reggie's run"
Old 07-11-2006, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Why would you think that they would make changes?

They certainly did their best to keep all the competition OUT of SVU in Key West.....
Unless the rules have changed since 2004 when Reggie set the current record, the rules were changed then to allow OuterLimits to run with a non race boat. So if changed then, why wouldn't they change them now?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Racer
Racer

If I was the manufacturer of an offshore boat, race or pleasure ,that could beat the King in his own back yard I would consider it a bargain at 10k! All the chatter it would create would be priceless. But we all know that ain't gonna happen too soon. Boats that cost close to a million dollars and there's whining about 10 grand? The only way they can top Reggie is to put the gps in a Ferrari, test it secretly so there's no witnesses and presto chango we have a new record holder. This one should be interesting.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke
Unless the rules have changed since 2004 when Reggie set the current record, the rules were changed then to allow OuterLimits to run with a non race boat. So if changed then, why wouldn't they change them now?
Perhaps for the same reasons they kept them from racing in the KW Worlds.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-11-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Perhaps for the same reasons they kept them from racing in the KW Worlds.....
A different situation, in my opinion. Course Mike can always go out in the ocean and then show us a gps reading of 200 and say that OL is the fastest
Old 07-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
The entry fee is not the issue here. If someone has the money to build and run a boat that runs those speeds, the $10,000 although expensive will likely not be much of a detterrant. Some may not go based on the principle of spending so much money, but overall in my opinion, it is far from likely to be a mitigating factor. Or shall I say the mitigating factor. Additionally, this is as much about ego as it is anything else.

However, what I do take issue with is the way this has played out. Reggie shows up at the Jacksonville CHARITY poker run and turns an event that should be focused on the good that was done for the charities the event supported, into his personal marketing ploy of how he smoked a PLEASURE boat. Then when HE hosts the Kilo run, he places the stipulation on entry of having placed 1, 2, or 3 in a sanctioned race event! Hmmmmm, he crashes someone elses party and uses them and their event to promote himself instead of the charities the event was founded to support. Now it would seem to me that if Reggie were to play by his own rules would have not done what he did at Jax.

I think it would only be proper that Reggie allow anyone to run to run his Kilo event. Race boat, pleasure boat, whatever. Otherwise it really cannot in my estimation be deemed a true title of "WORLD'S FASTEST" because not everyone in the world is welcome. I say, allow all to come so long as specific safety guidelines are met. Oh, and don't make the guidelines say that you have to have passed inspection at a race sanctioned by APBA/SBI where you finished 1, 2, or 3 in the last year as the parameters to entry. Additionally, since Reggie creashed the Jax event, why not mandate the $10,000 entry fee and give half the money paid by non "race" boats (i.e. those who have not enetered and finished 1, 2, or 3 int he last year) and donate it to the charities that the Jax event supported. Additionally, if the "Cat Killer" is "killed by a cat" then Reggie donates the ENTIRE entry fee from all non "race" boats to the Jax charities.

Since he made $ either directly or indirectly from the Jax CHARITY event, this is his opportunity to give some of it back.

OK folks, hold on to your asses cause surely the end of the world is happening as I type.. I actually agree with Shane and Stecz in the same week?

He's not gonna do it.. The $$ generated at this event will stay in his pocket, he will run his well orchestrated publicty stunt showing the world how the beaksters are the fastest boats out there (well, at least at the events he can control) bar none (cause he wont run heads up against em) and he is indeed the king (queen?) of the boating world as he knows it...

Reggie, ya came to Jax and made a statement. Might have been the proper thing to let others in on the fact that you were there to make a statement at their expense, but you decided not to do so. Now is your opportunity to make it right and let others come and see if you really are the king of all that is good.. But once again, you shut them out when there is ANY chance of you looking bad.. There's a name for that, maybe I need to start a thread in the UC section...

I still say it's a public river, run what ya brung.. I think it would be mighty funny to see a few "unsanctioned" runs...
Old 07-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A different situation, in my opinion. Course Mike can always go out in the ocean and then show us a gps reading of 200 and say that OL is the fastest

Nothing different here.. He banned em from racing cause he was skeered they would kick his ass.. Pure and simple....
Old 07-12-2006, 05:41 AM
Registered

This is not a Fountain Kilo run. Its an SBI run. It may be in the river by the Fountain factory, but its not "reggie's run"
What does having finished 1, 2, or 3 have to do with a "team" (race or pleasure) being capable of running safely, fairly and respectfully in a kilo event? Anyone can show up at a race and enter so long as they have paid the boat registration fee, the driver, throttleman, or riding crew member fee, and entry fees and pass "tech" inspection. So you can go out and race a bayliner so long as you meet spec and pay the fees but can't do so in a kilo run?

By the way, I have known Bubba for more than 10 years, his rules are written on loose leaf paper.

Quick Reply: $10,000 to run a BIG cat in the Fountain kilos...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.