Help...suggestions With My Paint Job >

Help...suggestions With My Paint Job

Notices

Help...suggestions With My Paint Job

Old 07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Help...suggestions With My Paint Job

Being a NorTech fan I think they all look great..... But since that is not going to help you make a decision, I like the 2nd rendering #1.... add some more Orange to make it jump out more....

Looks great though, curious on the performance when it is done, good luck.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

silver platium candy red .. with some toner colors... I would also be careful with the green.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
Being a NorTech fan I think they all look great..... But since that is not going to help you make a decision, I like the 2nd rendering #1.... add some more Orange to make it jump out more....

Looks great though, curious on the performance when it is done, good luck.
Thanks. The other 4300 went 74, when I was on it. It wasnt quite dialed in, and we were using 5 blades. What I did that was different was lose the notch in the transom, which placed the motors slightly lower and back to change COG. Went with a lighter layup, consisting of more kevlar reducing weight approx 6-800 pounds. Went with zipper pouches and doors except head door, good for another appr. 200 pounds. Changed exhaust to 6" vs 5" with a switchable flap built into the vent tubes to be closed off once up on plane which will drastically help acceleration. Changed to 6 blade props, the goal is 80mph. and I believe we will be close. Possibly in the future there will be some engine management tuning for the electronic injection, but it's all about reliability, higher cruising speeds, and better fuel economy, and hopefully cheaper ins. rates. I will keep everyone posted, going down Thursday to pick out cockpit and cabin colors. Thanks Jeff
Old 07-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep it simple, my next one will be mostly white. is Pat doing the paint? I think the tribal thing is over and would be thinking about resale. don't you go through boats fast 2 yrs or so?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Registered

less is more. there is nothing that highlights the lines of a boat like a simple uniform paint job in say, navy blue with lighter highlights along the hull and around the fairing and air intakes, like silver for example...

if i had to go for something wild and colorful, call me old-fashioned but nothing beats a good flame paintjob...
Old 07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

Jeff agree with pm, dont get to hung up on too many designs, tribal not, you are very good with colors, keep your color scheme, easy on the green and keep it more simple, the 43 nortech has awesome lines, and does'nt need a radical paint job, just nice smooth lines, be interested to see what you go with on your interior as I'm changing mine right now, let me know if anything hits you when you go to nortech, all good advice on this thread, wiggler
Old 07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
silver platium candy red .. with some toner colors... I would also be careful with the green.

Oh yeah - I already said blue. Remember what you have been telling yourself - you are keeping this boat!

Jeff, I am confused about one thing - when you lose the notch do you have to lower the drives just a bit? Water should rise off that notch to allow the X dimension to be a bit higher.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 07-11-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause

Oh yeah - I already said blue. Remember what you have been telling yourself - you are keeping this boat!

Jeff, I am confused about one thing - when you lose the notch do you have to lower the drives just a bit? Water should rise off that notch to allow the X dimension to be a bit higher.
From what I understand, the problem is to get the COG to change more aft. This will get the nose up. Also this gets the ASD8's in a little cleaner water further back. I sent you an email on the paint.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by super termoli
less is more. there is nothing that highlights the lines of a boat like a simple uniform paint job in say, navy blue with lighter highlights along the hull and around the fairing and air intakes, like silver for example...

if i had to go for something wild and colorful, call me old-fashioned but nothing beats a good flame paintjob...

I found something less, and something I really like today on another designer/painters website, and I will see what he can come up with. I just sent him an email. It is very tastefully done, with alot of fades on a Cig, blues and silvers. BTW I wanted to also Thank You for the advise on set up and everything else. Jeff
Old 07-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is a nice clean design that could be juiced up with a taste of color. Maybe a little orange on the sides replacing or with along side the gray.
Attached Thumbnails Help...suggestions With My Paint Job-nortech.jpg  

Last edited by pm203; 07-11-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Help...suggestions With My Paint Job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.