Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help...suggestions With My Paint Job (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134887-help-suggestions-my-paint-job.html)

Jassman 07-11-2006 06:30 AM

Help...suggestions With My Paint Job

2 Attachment(s)
Both sides will be the same, so disregaurd the third pic in both renderings. The pic with the tribals is what I'm going with. I'm torn between going purple or blues in place of it. I want to add more purple/blue under the green tribals and fade to the purple like in rendering 2. suggestions. Thanks.

There are a few pics from my favorite OL and Cig to show some of the colors I like, but everyone lately goes with blues so I thought purples might be a good change.

Jassman 07-11-2006 06:33 AM

Re: Help...suggestions With My Paint Job

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the renderings, the tribal is the one i like. The second rendering first pic with the purple underneath the green. What ya think. Jeff

dkwestern 07-11-2006 06:50 AM

I like the non-tribal, but I'm not a tribal fan. my .02! They both look sweet!!

racer-x6 07-11-2006 06:57 AM

I like #1 :drink:

Indy 07-11-2006 07:23 AM

Tribal...here today, gone tomorrow...too trendy. A toned down version of #1 would be my choice.

open87 07-11-2006 07:27 AM

how about all white boat :eek: now that's something different

Jassman 07-11-2006 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by open72
how about all white boat :eek: now that's something different

Ive been looking at it this way for the last few days, just not me. The boat has nice lines that need to be addressed. I even thought about painting it like the Maroon/silver Cig at the Miami show, which is still in contention, the easy but safe way out :D

Knot 4 Me 07-11-2006 07:45 AM

Jeff, I like #2 without the 43 on the hull side. Tribal is very West Coast...nothing wrong with it but just not what you expect to see on a Nor-Tech running in the bayou. But then again maybe that's why you want to go that route?! Whether you go blues or purples I would keep the shades dark.

Jassman 07-11-2006 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Jeff, I like #2 without the 43 on the hull side. Tribal is very West Coast...nothing wrong with it but just not what you expect to see on a Nor-Tech running in the bayou. But then again maybe that's why you want to go that route?! Whether you go blues or purples I would keep the shades dark.

I really like that Cig, it has a few shades of BLUE tribal by the fairing. I wish I had better shots of that boat. I kinda like that West coast, Southern Bayou Cajun feel, if ya know what I mean. :drink:

Airpacker 07-11-2006 08:27 AM

My personal opinion is that the whole tribal thing is like the pukey pale pastel colours of the late 80's, early 90's. It will date the boat within a few years and probably actually detract from resale pricing within 5 years. It seems the "over the top" graphics of today are the "fugly" graphics of tomorrow. I would love to see a big V done mono chromatic in a pearl blue or possible a front to rear fade using the same colour.