Notices

So what do YOU do...?

Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: So what do YOU do...?

Originally Posted by pm203
What,s worse is the stupid questions like "what does one do for work to be be able to afford a boat like this" or " what does it cost ?"..... I have instucted my crew to reply that we don,t work and the boat cost about 1.2 million!. That usually shuts them up.... As far as the noise, it doesn,t pay here to be rude, the a$$wholes would probably vandalize the boat the next time they see it unattended!
Hey Paul,

When I was down to Winni a couple weeks ago during bike week and the water cops had us pulled over I had to ask him why noise on the water was such a big deal when it was OK for the Harleys to run around 24 hrs a day for a week and it doesn't seem to be a problem. He said "the noise travels further across the water". All I could do was laugh at him and say come on now, is that the best reason you can give me ?
We had our turndowns on and he had no problem with us. Just wanted to check our gear and docs and we were on our way.
Bob
Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Bob,
That is a question we all ask all the time, and never get a direct answer to.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:31 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, i just spit dr pepper out my nose...
Old 07-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

MOVE IT 2 FEET UP.....THEN BACK 2 FEET....THEN REV IT UP JUST TO CLEAN IT OUT .....THEN MOVE IT BACK.... JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE THEN LET IT IDLE FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES TO MAKE SURE EVRYTHING IS GOOD THEN SHUT HER DOWN... THEY WILL HSUT UP THEN...WELL MAYBE BE MADDER BUT WHO THE F@#@ CARES WHAT THE TOOLS THINK ANYWAY
Old 07-12-2006, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racesdad
MOVE IT 2 FEET UP.....THEN BACK 2 FEET....THEN REV IT UP JUST TO CLEAN IT OUT .....THEN MOVE IT BACK.... JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE THEN LET IT IDLE FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES TO MAKE SURE EVRYTHING IS GOOD THEN SHUT HER DOWN... THEY WILL HSUT UP THEN...WELL MAYBE BE MADDER BUT WHO THE F@#@ CARES WHAT THE TOOLS THINK ANYWAY
I like your Idea!

I could never get the whole nosie thing What's a little loud noise.

What pisses me off the most, besides the idiots clapping when we shut the motors off, is the fisher-idiots. To them it's not right that the motors are loud, but it's ok to find fish heads floating at the ramp, with a smell so bad that you are gagging and wanna puke. I am definately not lady like when these mo-fo's camplain about us reving the motors. After I state my mind, they do usually shut up (at least until we leave.) It's all jealousy I say.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd pull the keys out and simple say unlike your whinney kids I can simple turn this off unlike you and your kids.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I wouldn't bother saying anything. To the rest of the customers that don't care about the noise, the "clappers" already look like idiots.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:19 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
thanks, i just spit dr pepper out my nose...
I died last night just imagining getting off the boat after they clap and walk with a limp saying that...

Thank JC
Old 07-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a half dozen offshores pull into our yacht club regatta Saturday night. It didn't create that much of a problem. After 10 or 15 minutes when they were all parked people could go back to having conversations. While they idled waiting for each other to get squared away we just sat there silently. No point in screaming at each other.

I don't think that people were clapping for the offshore boats when the last of them shut down. I think that they were clapping because they could resume their party. On their boats. In their slips. At their yacht club.
Kind of a relief clap I guess.

The conversation on boats around me turned to why more people don't use silent choice so that they can have their fun and others can too. In general, the consensus was that if people can't self regulate then noise laws are the only alternative.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Registered

Just do this, and see how they clap
Attached Thumbnails So what do YOU do...?-naked-dock.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.