Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So what do YOU do...? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134959-so-what-do-you-do.html)

CigDaze 07-12-2006 10:33 AM

Re: So what do YOU do...?

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I am little suprised at the responses to this post. We as performance boaters need to realize that open exhaust in marinas is a big problem. Mufflers should be on in the marinas. If we do not comply, it will be regulated further and that always is a far worse problem.

As much as I hate it, I must agree.
And the problem is that we are few, and they are many.

Stormrider 07-12-2006 10:34 AM

Sean, I think the real problem was the loudness while eating. I guess i could see some peoples problem.

But on another note, what happens more... people complaining or kids running up saying "wow, i hope i can have a boat like that when i grow up."

I think the latter makes up for the complainers 10 fold.

Stormrider 07-12-2006 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Dude, you sharted! :D :D

Best part is, he is now an oscar winner and thats his famous line...along came polly ... sharted.

Sea-Dated 07-12-2006 10:39 AM

As soon as people find a way to put a muffler on their screaming kids at dinner, I will muffle my boat. :drink: The boats are load but at least they are not squeeling and crying. They at least have a good sound to them. :D

fund razor 07-12-2006 10:41 AM

I am little suprised at the responses to this post. We as performance boaters need to realize that open exhaust in marinas is a big problem. Mufflers should be on in the marinas. If we do not comply, it will be regulated further and that always is a far worse problem.

Agreed.
I would rather see people be considerate of others than the government try to legislate what should be common sense.

GLH 07-12-2006 10:44 AM

I understand that and I am careful but the people that clap around here have deeper issues. Here is a few...
-Imposing on other their self assigned non existing rights.
-Self-Justifying wrongly why they don't have that type of boat.
-Plain resentment because they might not get enough of whatever they envy in their lives.
-Taking misguided actions cause their girlfriends are getting wet... :eek:

Even if your boat was as quiet as a church mouse they would find something else to biatch about. 82Db here would still get their hemp panties in a bunch. So....

"How much for the little girls? The women... How much for your women?"... :D:D:D

Lucididee 07-12-2006 10:53 AM

To me the problem is that things are being too regulated. And what is already a law/regulated like gutting you fish and throwing is overboard, empting the toilets just before coming into port, large boats not understand the different between a NO WAKE zone and slow are (As they are rocking the boats at the dock to hell), sailboats thinking they have the right of way when under power and sails are down and the power boat is in distress and the yellow flag is up. And not to mention the jet skis and people tubing in the middle of the channel. I could go on forever. But if your speed boat is loud, it's the end of the world to them. Whatever.

I do believe that the majority of performance boaters know the laws on the water better and follow them better than others boaters, but we will always get harassed the most. I still say "Catch me if ya can." :p

(I also cannot stand the guys who mowers his lawn @ 8am on a Sunday morninb. But I have never asked him to stop or do it at a later time, clap when he's done, or call the cops about Excessive Noise and sign a complaint. It's just a never ending battle.)

WesSmith 07-12-2006 10:55 AM

Keep in mind that it took us no more than two minutes to maneuver in , dock and tie up. The boat was at idle the whole time. The people who clapped weren't even in the restaurant eating but were way back at the end of the canal.....

birdog 07-12-2006 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
As much as I hate it, I must agree.
And the problem is that we are few, and they are many.

That hit the nail on the head....Like it or not..they WILL win.
Momma never said life would be fair.

Some funny stuff in this thread though... :D

hammer01 07-12-2006 11:10 AM

As Long As We Are Legal With Our Noise, We Have The Right To Run Our Motors. It Is Like The "wake" Laws Of Responsibility Talked About On Another Thread, Meaning We Are Responsible For Our Wakes. It Still Cracks Me Up That These Clappers Usually Are The Ones That Request To Sit Right On The Water At These Open Waterfront Establishements. It Is Just Jealousy And Let Them Envy.