Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So what do YOU do...? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134959-so-what-do-you-do.html)

ericaull 07-12-2006 11:15 AM

Re: So what do YOU do...?

Originally Posted by wstultz
Pull down your pants and take a leak right off the dock. :eek:

That's a good one !!Most of the clapping is due to jealousy......I worked my nut cluster off for years to afford my new formula, and will be damned if I let some jealous, or miserable lack-lusting big fat walrus-woman or her spineless mate spoil my excellent adventures...........Just adds to the fun :drink: :evilb: :p ERIC

ericaull 07-12-2006 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by bobkatz
Do they do the same thing for the harleys with shortys? Loud Pipes Saves Lives.

Yep, let the jet-skiers and blowboters know you are coming! :drink:

fund razor 07-12-2006 11:28 AM

I think that it can be predicted from most of the responses on this thread that more and more noise laws, and every other manner of restriction will be enacted.

It's clear that in the name of freedom the inconsiderate among us will hasten the avalanche of new laws.

30Spectre 07-12-2006 11:29 AM

some people just have nothing better to do...

i'd love to borrow Sorceror and take my sweet time docking it

CigDaze 07-12-2006 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by hammer01
As Long As We Are Legal With Our Noise.

Today, yes....but it may not be tomorrow.

I don't like it any more than you guys, I think loud boats and cars are music to the ears just like all of you, but sadly, most people don't. Look around. Look at how much stupid legislation is out there already. Sounds, and speed laws are sweeping the nation. Looks at Lake Winni(I'm not spelling the rest of it), the Alabama boat ban, noise laws all on dozens of lakes and rivers. We must either watch it and be respectful, or one of these azzholes "with nothing better to do," will be doing something about it.

fund razor 07-12-2006 11:50 AM

I am with you Nick.

I am not one of the majority of people who have been conditioned to dislike performance boats.

I just recognize that if the problem is not addressed by the .001% of the population who owns perf boats, it will be addressed by the 99.99% who do not.

fund razor 07-12-2006 11:52 AM

The other thing that bugs me is that if it fair for us to assume that they all have nothing better to do and that everybody is naturally jealous...

then it's fair for them to assume that we are all gold chain wearing, drug smuggling, outlaw thugs.

tommymonza 07-12-2006 12:05 PM

Ten years ago a loudboat was a stock 454 with thru-hulls with an occasional pleasure boat with a built engine and headers.Now days it seems everybody is running performance engines with headers without mufflers.I love the sound but i don't think i would if i lived in a house or a condo near the waterway with it everyday ,no more than i liked living two blocks away from a local bar that became a popular watering hole for bikes.

hammer01 07-12-2006 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Today, yes....but it may not be tomorrow.

I don't like it any more than you guys, I think loud boats and cars are music to the ears just like all of you, but sadly, most people don't. Look around. Look at how much stupid legislation is out there already. Sounds, and speed laws are sweeping the nation. Looks at Lake Winni(I'm not spelling the rest of it), the Alabama boat ban, noise laws all on dozens of lakes and rivers. We must either watch it and be respectful, or one of these azzholes "with nothing better to do," will be doing something about it.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS. MY POINT IS THAT WE FIRST OF ALL MUST BE LEGAL, YET THEN IT TAKES A LEVEL OF MATURITY TO BE RESPECTFUL. THERE WILL STILL BE THE PILE OF "HATERS FOR THEM THERE CIGERET BOATS" THAT ROLL THEIR EYES AT THE MERE SITE OF OUR BOATS. I WITNESSED THIS LAUNCHING IN LAKE MICHIGAN BY A DOCK FULL OF SAILBOATERS WHO INCONVENIENTLY FOR THEM ARE PLACED RIGHT NEXT TO THE LAUNCH. WHAT CAN WE DO? I REFUSE TO FLOAT MY BOAT OFF THE TRAILER TO SATISFY THEIR CLAPPING, YET THE SAME DAY I RESPECTFULLY GAME THEM THE RIGHT AWAY AS THE LAW INSISTS.

CBR 07-12-2006 12:10 PM

"How much for the little girls? The women... How much for your women?"...

Ha Ha! Classic! Sometimes you don't have to ask. A few years ago we were at the dock and a 24 SeaRay docked next to us. A great looking tall blonde on the crowded boat said to the owner "I want a ride on that boat" pointing to us. I actually felt bad for the owner of the SeaRay.

Imagine taking a bunch of people out for a ride and the best looking chick disses you in this public manner. Geez! I nearly handed her a deck brush and pail, and said, "hey, the guy who gave you a ride could use your help cleaning the mess you made on his boat!"

Most folks are merely jealous, don't let it bug you. Enjoy your day as per the advice above.