Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I just bought the awesome 38 in Detroit (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134960-i-just-bought-awesome-38-detroit.html)

jmackin 07-12-2006 11:41 AM

Re: I just bought the awesome 38 in Detroit

That boat has been for sale for ever. Saw it last yr at a boat show listed @ $95k.

wowchad 07-12-2006 12:57 PM

For the price it seemed like a smokin deal!
I've been watching that thing on eBay for some time now. I sure hope all works out well for you, it's a great looking boat with a ton of amenities!

dirtlawyer 07-12-2006 01:21 PM

hopefully you got a quote and a commitment for insurance before you bought it... getting cat insurance without prior cat experience is going to be difficult...

Ruckus - you going out this weekend?

FeverMike - going up to NPR on Saturday? We'll likely see you there later in the afternoon.

kr1276 07-12-2006 02:12 PM

Brian,

Not on Saturday for sure and Sunday is a maybe. Had the same problem you had with a shift cable and also the starboard engine. Took the boat to
Mike on Monday to replace all 3 so I won't have that problem hopefully for another 200 hours. I was able to free it up with some lubricant but do not want to risk damaging the drives.
What did you guys wind up doing for the 4th? We just stayed in the neighborhood and took it easy. The 4th Poker Run was one great time and I needed some rest before going back to work on Wednesday.

Keith

dirtlawyer 07-12-2006 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by kr1276
Brian,

Not on Saturday for sure and Sunday is a maybe. Had the same problem you had with a shift cable and also the starboard engine. Took the boat to
Mike on Monday to replace all 3 so I won't have that problem hopefully for another 200 hours. I was able to free it up with some lubricant but do not want to risk damaging the drives.
What did you guys wind up doing for the 4th? We just stayed in the neighborhood and took it easy. The 4th Poker Run was one great time and I needed some rest before going back to work on Wednesday.

Keith

ouch - bad day for shift cables... In total, I broke 4 things at the Poker Run - shift cable, stereo, subwoofer and a water temp gauge.

As for the 4th - that story is best told in person... surprised Mike didn't already tell you the story...

kr1276 07-12-2006 02:27 PM

I had noticed a delay in going into gear and had the same problem on the 38. Got lucky on that one and did not tear up a drive. At the first signs on this one, I made arrangements to get it in and replaced.

I can't wait to hear this story!

vtec 07-12-2006 10:26 PM

If it breaks......you can fix it. Usually.