How safe is The Bahamas?

Old 07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How safe is The Bahamas?

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I am leaving next week with FPC on the Bahamas run, last year went to Bimini and had an uneventful trip.
However a couple of tourists were beaten to death like 2 weeks after we left Bimini. Burglary gone bad deal, tourists were staying at Bimini Blue Water and were Norwegian I believe.

not to worry, they don't mess with stu. remember certain things bring money to their economy.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:27 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I've never owned a gun...am I missing out on something? If so where should I start?
scary thought
Old 07-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
scary thought
Seriously...what do you mean? I am not posting a joke here I really want to know.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:31 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Joe
It's ok..... I'm guessing Fountains are just as much at risk as Guns, Top Gun's that is!!!
Boat of choice is a dark hull triple engine center console. Also being connected with people in the Bahamas will keep you safe. It is a very small network, if you are in you are fine, if you are not better use your head.

I know a guy that knows a guy that knows someone that smuggles tp, diapers, food, etc. Remember these items are 100% taxed and they are necessities. He meets the customs off shore and gives them their supply and then they look the other way when he lands.

Could you image going to jail for smuggling tp.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:32 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Seriously...what do you mean? I am not posting a joke here I really want to know.
you with a gun.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: How safe is The Bahamas?

They do tend to sneak up on boats and quietly hop aboard...so a knife in a side holster is possibly all you will have time to grab...or a side-arm...a Colt Dick Special is handy...
Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I am leaving next week with FPC on the Bahamas run, last year went to Bimini and had an uneventful trip.
However a couple of tourists were beaten to death like 2 weeks after we left Bimini. Burglary gone bad deal, tourists were staying at Bimini Blue Water and were Norwegian I believe.
I only go to South Bimini, North Bimini in the early evening and then gone. Not a good idea to be carrying around a nice looking lady either, they will comment and piss you off. When it gets late be in a safe place. Nothing worse than a drunk Bahamian looking to pick a fight.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, all these years unarmed in the Bahama's, and I never realized I was in mortal danger, never got approached by 29 guys in a beater boat looking to hijack me.. Guess I have been very lucky...

BTW, the two beaten to death in Bimini were involved in a drug deal.. Good riddance to em...
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Scott B
Wow, all these years unarmed in the Bahama's, and I never realized I was in mortal danger, never got approached by 29 guys in a beater boat looking to hijack me.. Guess I have been very lucky...

BTW, the two beaten to death in Bimini were involved in a drug deal.. Good riddance to em...

Shh, keep em scared and we will always be able to get dockage and the good fishing spots
Old 07-12-2006, 07:46 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tip on guns in the Beehams...

Don't take and declare any "macho" type guns with the Beehams police. You have to leave them with the police while in the Beehams.

Any chrome plated revolvers, modded military style pistols with extended stocks, or Dirty Harry Magnum 45s etc. are likely to go missing when you want to collect your guns from the police when you leave. Standard issue "boring" firearms are best, and you will get them back.

Quick Reply: How safe is The Bahamas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.