Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Finally my transom picture (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135293-finally-my-transom-picture.html)

cobra marty 07-15-2006 10:34 PM

Finally my transom picture

1 Attachment(s)
After what seems like years my boat is finally getting it's re-rigging done. The stellings box is on, Dyno on, IMCO ext. steering arms and rams, GGB transom tip mufflers, 380s tabs, offshore water pickup and swim platform. Hopefully less than a month for a water test.

Strip Poker 388 07-16-2006 12:22 AM

Re: Finally my transom picture

Originally Posted by cobra marty
After what seems like years my boat is finally getting it's re-rigging done. The stellings box is on, Dyno on, IMCO ext. steering arms and rams, GGB transom tip mufflers, 380s tabs, offshore water pickup and swim platform. Hopefully less than a month for a water test.

whats up with the tabs??

Strip Poker 388 07-16-2006 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by cobra marty

whats up with the tabs??

Dono 07-16-2006 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
whats up with the tabs??

30 foot cat, 38 with tabs. :drink:

cobra marty 07-16-2006 06:12 AM

It had 280 tabs and they would act all or nothing. By the time they were down far enough to hit the water they were at a fairly steep angle and then would act too much and were very difficult to fine adjust over a very small range. I am hoping that with the 380 tabs that they are tapered and when they hit the water it will be with less angle and width and a little less effect and be more adjustable. For most of the time they will be run flat with the bottom just above the water to just 'extend' the running length of the boat in the rough water. The one is down in the picture just to see it's movement. Still have to get the indicator cables hooked up.
One project leads to 10 others, but it is getting close.

Buddy OO 07-16-2006 02:37 PM

thats crazy- if you need that big of a tab something wrong, cats really dont need any tab at all , only used slight tab to get out of hole other than that never used them.

cobra marty 07-16-2006 03:58 PM

In the rough water it adds 2 feet to the length if needed.

OldSchool 07-16-2006 08:42 PM

What's up with the tabs??????

:D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

Just kidding :D

cobra marty 07-17-2006 07:20 PM

OK, the tabs are winking at you, Now how do you feel?