Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Darren Luhrs breaks his own record 3yrs later - 130mph from the wheelchair! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135347-darren-luhrs-breaks-his-own-record-3yrs-later-130mph-wheelchair.html)

DaveP 07-16-2006 08:55 PM

Darren Luhrs breaks his own record 3yrs later - 130mph from the wheelchair!

On Saturday morning in Toms River NJ this past weekend the fog was pretty thick but the determination of Darren Luhrs was pretty clear. He was out to break the speed record he set 3 years ago.

Darren went out to set a benchmark as well as be an inspiration for all people who travel through life in a wheelchair. 3 years ago Darren Luhrs of Woodcliff Lake, NJ -- set a world record for a physically disabled person when he throttled a powerboat (36 Nor-Tech Cat - Perfect Storm) to 121 mph.

This past Saturday, Darren set out on the same boat he throttled 3 years ago with boat owner and driver Bob Christie of Typhoon Performance Marine. Wearing a Lifeline vest, headset, a proud dad and televison crew in the back seat Darren moved the benchmark up another notch. At 9:15am EST Darren throttled the 36 Nor-Tech Cat Perfect Storm to a record breaking 130mph!!!

"It was a lot of fun, and I had a great time," said Darren, who has cerebral palsy. "The ride was unbelievable. It was very smooth." When asked what was next? Darren answered "I think I will take my trophy home and retire!"

No matter if Darren retires or not, what is more important is that he is already an inspiration for everyone with or without a wheelchair!!

If you would like to share some thoughts with Darren, you can email him at [email protected]

Congrats Buddy!

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJ Performance Powerboat Club

FeverMike 07-16-2006 09:07 PM

Re: Darren Luhrs breaks his own record 3yrs later - 130mph from the wheelchair!

Hey Darren, you've done something I and a lot of people on this website have not done. CONGRADULATIONS my friend...your awesome! :D :D :D

el indio 07-16-2006 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good going dude.........retirement is for the old folks.Keep up the great work.........................Magnum Mark and Lucy..........

GLH 07-16-2006 09:24 PM

Good going Darren Congrats.

masher44 07-16-2006 09:29 PM

:cool: :cool:

Lucididee 07-16-2006 09:41 PM

Congrats Darren! :evilb:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-16-2006 09:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great job Darren!!!

I am glad I was fortunate enough to witness it myself...

Check in on my site for your 4 Video Clips of the Record Run and the Photo Album that I put together. Click Here For Pics and Videos

Philip 07-16-2006 09:52 PM

You Go Darren!!!!!!

Philip

Pantera1 07-16-2006 09:57 PM

130 Is smokin ..awesome

fountain1fan 07-16-2006 10:09 PM

verry coool keep it up . :cool: :cool: :cool: i know rich is about to bust at the semams as he should be congrat's .