Stolen Apache Mold Story!!! >

Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!

Notices

Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!

As some of you may already know, my name is Charlie McCarthy Jr. – my dad is Charlie McCarthy who founded Banana Boat Co. and used to race a boat called “Top Banana” and “Rums of Puerto Rico” in the 70’s.

Long story short, when my dad sold the trucking business in 1995 and retired, he was toying with the idea of getting back in the boat building business but wanted to make larger boats. He went to see his old friend Bobby Saccenti in early 1997 and Bob sold him an old 38’6” Apache mold that had never been put into production. We had the mold at B&C Marine in Hollywood, FL for a couple of months but eventually had to move it to a storage area because of zoning changes etc. It was a difficult time for my dad and me as I had been working in the family trucking business since 1990 and after he sold it, I kind of wanted to do my own thing for a while. Now of course as some of you may know, we have recently “dusted off” some of the old banana molds and are planning to re-launch the company again for the 2006 model year.

Anyway the Apache mold was loaded upright onto a triple axle white/grey Target trailer and placed into a storage yard in Ft. Lauderdale. If anyone is familiar with Lauderdale, then they will remember the storage yard right at the junction of I-95 & I-595 – that’s where it last was in 1997. We have never seen it since.

I have been trying to keep this quiet for a while now – trying to locate it quietly – following every lead (one even led me to a landfill!) But now I figured I’d post a little info. on OSO in the hopes that someone might be able to help… I mean how can a 38’6” mold just disappear?

Here are a few photos & measurements. This hull pictured here came out of our mold but was shortened by approx. 2 ft by blocking the transom. This hull “plug” is what Apache used to produce the 36’ molds.

Please let me know if anybody out there knows anything. Does this boat look like anything being built out there at 38’6”??

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!-apachemold-copy.bmp   Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!-file0012a.jpg  
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!

these go with first post...
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!-file0014a.jpg   Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!-file0015a.jpg   Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!-file0016a.jpg  

Old 08-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

When is the first time or year you were actually aware it was even stolen or missing?

Real sorry for you grief !!!!

Cougarman
Old 08-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that bites! hope you find it
Old 08-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Registered

Which Storage yard are you referring to, Is it still there, I have seen a lot of molds floating around these parts, but couldnt tell one from the other.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

hmmm . . just thowing this out there, but where did Sonic get its 386 mold from ? Anyone know ?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck, I hope you can track it down.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
hmmm . . just thowing this out there, but where did Sonic get its 386 mold from ? Anyone know ?
Not from a storage lot.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:05 PM

Didn't Sunsation buy a Large Apache Mold, that they are making into a 42' boat or something?? I think I read i t in EBM.

WILL
Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Didn't Sunsation buy a Large Apache Mold, that they are making into a 42' boat or something?? I think I read i t in EBM.

WILL
Wrong, They bought a Powerplay hull.

Quick Reply: Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.