Made our Reservations for the LOTO Shootout >

Made our Reservations for the LOTO Shootout

Notices

Made our Reservations for the LOTO Shootout

Old 07-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Made our Reservations for the LOTO Shootout

i can't wait for it i'm staying at my buddy's place if i'm not mistaken he's on mm 19...

mike
Old 07-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tantara is about 1 mile from the start of the course by water. All the boats in the race will be parked at the 21mm at shooters. Also don't bother going to party cove. Its the only weekend it is empty. All the boats normally in the cove are watching the speed runs. If you go to lake any other weekend you have to get to party cove. You wont be disappointed.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fazznick
... Also don't bother going to party cove. Its the only weekend it is empty. All the boats normally in the cove are watching the speed runs.
A group of us OSO faithfuls are always are always at the cove on Saturday!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

I read, don't post often as a newby but I have to ask. When do the entries really start arriving to test and/or tune if they even do that. As a new resident over at the 6mm this last weekend there was some high HP stuff on the water blowing out of the Gravois..........are these just the local entries getting restless ??? I would guess they make up the majority of the entries.........
Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Steve_H

get there early around 10 or so if you want to be on the first row and bring a good anchor with lots of rope and also big fenders.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I think he was calling out all the CAT KILLERS

Tan-tar-a is at the 26mm. Its about 5 miles from the Shootout which at the 21mm.

I'm not calling anyone any names! Callan Marine is just coming up to have a good time and defend their title. Just like Kilocat and co., Callan Marine/Mystic Powerboats let their actions on the water do all their talking!
Really looking forward to coming to LOTO and checking the lake out and meeting all the great people of OSO @ LOTO.
Dean and Robin

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 07-18-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlark
I read, don't post often as a newby but I have to ask. When do the entries really start arriving to test and/or tune if they even do that. As a new resident over at the 6mm this last weekend there was some high HP stuff on the water blowing out of the Gravois..........are these just the local entries getting restless ??? I would guess they make up the majority of the entries.........

Usually around thursday but there really isn't test and tune. Saturday is kind of that for the participants. The boats you see are just the average everyday LOTO performance boaters.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we usually would get down in the past on thursday to make sure we caught the fun run on friday to dick's halfway inn. for those who have not done this, it is an awesome display of boats. you will actually find some of the biggest rigs doing this run just for fun because there is no insurance issue like the shootout. i think there has been as many as 100 boats in these runs in the past. friday afternoon is kind of the dial in for some of the boats coming in from out of state as well. berger's at mm1 normally has some of the big skater's and so forth. i know nortech and skater usually launch there so there will be a nice display coming from the 1mm. hammer
Old 07-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
Dean

Take 1 hour and make a run to the Party cove. it must be seen to be believed !!! Well worth the effort and time.

Smitty

We are not bringing our boat, so we are kinda land locked!
Dean
Old 07-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Party Cove will be slow. Probably 20% of the normal number of boats and most of them are drunken sausage parties. If you go late in the afternoon, as the races are ending it will pick up for few hours.

Quick Reply: Made our Reservations for the LOTO Shootout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.