Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wrong spot at the wrong time (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135409-wrong-spot-wrong-time.html)

Game On 07-17-2006 06:24 PM

Wrong spot at the wrong time

1 Attachment(s)
This was last weekend at our fun run. I heard there were a few finger gestures involved. :evilb:

Anyone else have any pictures like this??

glassdave 07-17-2006 06:54 PM

Re: Wrong spot at the wrong time

hate to say it. but unless this is a closed race course why is he in the wrong place? i have been on the water my whole life and the rules of the road apply to everyone. if the three boats on the left of the pics did a fly by on that pontoon . . . well . . . they prolly ought'a get fliped off. :rolleyes:

(not trying to start anything but we all have to use the same water ways for what ever makes ya happy)

Payton 07-17-2006 06:58 PM

I agree with you Dave. The others shouldv'e adjusted their course.

Tony Montana 07-17-2006 07:10 PM

:eek: That guy is prob chitting himself.........inside his mind 'do I go staight? do I turn and gun it? Do I sit still and pray? :drink: :D :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Lucididee 07-17-2006 07:23 PM

I agree but disagree. When boating one should know what events are scheduled for their area. Unfortunately this guy got the same reaction speed boaters get when there is a fishing tournament going on or sailing course occuring. Sorry dude :(

ToTheMax 07-17-2006 08:14 PM

Funny pic! Reminded me of when I was a kid in a 17' KMV driven by my dad, bobbing right in the middle of the start of the Georgian Bay poker run several yrs back. We could've easily capsized, or been nabbed by the marine patrol, or receieved rude gestures...none happened!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-17-2006 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lucididee
When boating one should know what events are scheduled for their area.

That is why I try to post on the Fishing Boards a week before our Poker Runs just to give everyone a public service announcement that we will be coming through...

It helps avoid situations like this..... ;)

Lucididee 07-17-2006 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
That is why I try to post on the Fishing Boards a week before our Poker Runs just to give everyone a public service announcement that we will be coming through...

It helps avoid situations like this..... ;)

You post it everywhere! :eek: :drink: Have you posted about Barnegat yet? :rolleyes:

prostock85 07-17-2006 08:32 PM

I'm wondering whats floating in the water on the bottom right of the pic.

Scott B 07-17-2006 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I agree but disagree. When boating one should know what events are scheduled for their area. Unfortunately this guy got the same reaction speed boaters get when there is a fishing tournament going on or sailing course occuring. Sorry dude :(

Whether or not you advertise it in advance, rules of the road still apply.. Common courtesy would apply also..