Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped! >

2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!

Notices

2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!

Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!

I am proud to report that the 2006 Shore Dreams For Kids was a HUGE SUCCESS!!!

The reason why it was a such a huge success was because the hard work and dedication of the principal organizers:

Pete Mazzo, Rob Cline, Brian Meade, Val Fiorillo & Geralyn Monroe

and the generosity of all of the sponsors, donors, NJPPC land and boat volunteers, car clubs, boat racers, local Elks Clubs, Special Olympics and all other attendees!

There are over 600 pictures available online for your viewing pleasure thanks to www.sharkeymarine.com and www.lucidideefastboats.com

Pictures Part 1
Pictures Part 2
Pictures Part 3

Some Shore Kids For Dreams milestones this year:
* Record amount of money raised!
* Record amount of items donated to auction off to raise money!
* Went from 3 to over 10 Elks lodges attending!
* Went from 6 show cars to 30!
* Went from 1 raceboat on display to 3!
* Over 450 "special attendees" + chaperones!
* Over 25 boats providing rides!
* Over 800 ice cream cones & floats served by CHILLY WILLY!

We also had Campbell & Co. on hand to shoot footage for a 1 hour television special that will be sold to ESPN & Fox Sports in the upcoming months!

This year was without a doubt our best year yet and we have all that were involved to thank! There are 450 special people who still have smiles plastered on their faces today that are counting 364 more days until next year's event!

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJ Performance Powerboat Club
Old 07-17-2006, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!

It was a great time had by all!

The NJPPC has so many huge hearts!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

Default Re: 2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!

Great Job Guys and Gals,
You will never really appreciate what a great time you gave these special individuals. If we had something like this put together in the Detroit Area I would certainly want to be a part of it.

Larry
Old 07-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Registered

It was a lot of fun for Frannie and I too We met nce folks and enjoyed it just as much as they did ... that I know! Thanks Dave and Brian and eveyone for putting this together and allowing us to be a small part!

Dave be sure to let us know when ts on TV!!

Chris and Fran
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!-img_0523%5B1%5D.jpg   2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!-440961620206_0_bg.jpg   2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!-475461620206_0_bg.jpg  

Old 07-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

We had a great day. The looks on the kid’s faces, their enthusiasm and the comments are priceless. Im always impressed by how many want to go "FASTER".....you sure?........"Yes FASTER" Thanks to Lucididee "Crazy Kitty Cat" for helping me out on my boat, "Crazy Captain Dave" Stecz20, and first mate "McDee" JoeD for letting me hop in with them after one of my impellers started to go.
Pete, Rob, Brian, Val, Geralyn, Dave and others did a fantastic job organizing the event which we will support every year and encourage others to do so as well.
It was a great weekend.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This sounds like a great event!!! Keep up the good work, and keep putting smiles on the kids faces.

As we all know, an event like this takes a lot of time and planning for it all to come together. I hope you had a chance to step back and enjoy your results. Remember, good things come to good people... you should all be admired for your contributions to helping those less fortunate.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Registered

My 1st time there...........was a great time, and my wife and I will
certainly be back next year.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work............we did the easy part
.......just driving the boat
Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My wife and I truly had a great time helping out.Everybody worked hard to do what needed to be done and I heard no complaint's.The guys that organize the event really have their handsful to top this years shore dreams.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike 35 Fountain
My 1st time there...........was a great time, and my wife and I will
certainly be back next year.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work............we did the easy part
.......just driving the boat
Dito on those comments Mike It was an absolute pleasure and indeed we had the easiest, most rewarding job Thanks again to all the real,,, hard,,, working folks behind the scenes that make this event so successful.

P.S.
Dee, I think you just run and hide everytime I show up for something??!!? I did catch you once in AC though See ya soon ... yeah right
Old 07-17-2006, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
P.S.
Dee, I think you just run and hide everytime I show up for something??!!? I did catch you once in AC though See ya soon ... yeah right
I just get caught up in the moment!

(I need to give you my number, so when you're there I know were to go!)

Quick Reply: 2006 Shore Dreams For Kids - a HUGE SUCCESS!!! Thank you to everyone who helped!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.