Fall Fun Run on Lake Champlain September 2nd 2006

Old 08-16-2006, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Re: Fall Fun Run on Lake Champlain September 2nd 2006

Originally Posted by blkspringer
G.L.,

I'm sorry that you and Bill couldn't work things out when he called you last month.

I hope you have a great weather day and a lot of fun. My staff and I will miss you.

Matt
Matt,
I only speak for the out of towners that were there last year, if you search and see some of the pics we had a blast, however, your dockmaster wasnt that nice then either. It was thoughtful of you to post on yours and your fathers behalf but I feel it is way too little and way too late. My tab alone on Sat night of the run last year was nearly 1000.00 dollars,(fri night was a few hundred as well) I know my friends(just in my boat) spent near the equivilent. For GL to spend his time from his family to put these together and recruit people from out of state. ( I trailered from MD and my partner for the trip flew in from Texas) to bring business to your establishment and be treated as coarsly as the dockmaster treated us is wrong. Ask him why no one comes back? To further institute a 10 premium to dock is ridiculous, if you choose to do so, then credit the 10 dollars towards meals or drinks to keep out the deadbeats. I also understand that the resturaunt and the docks are two seperate entities, fair enough, but I certainly wouldnt leave a poor mgmnt person to control half of my parking arena.
your business flourishes when the lake is busy, as you can see we have no problem spending our money, it seems you have a problem accepting it. Until last year I had never known of Lake champlain, now I know of two things, the fun of the lake, and where not to go.
Gl has two runs a year, is it so difficult to make some prior arrangements in order to assure a profitable weekend? Remember when you hear the thunder of the run going by, we could have been stopping there as well..best of luck...Rob Freeman
Old 08-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, i have to agree with Rob. I talked with one of the staff at the time and i wont elaborate so as not to put his job in jeopardy.

Always enjoyed going there. Maybe another time.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:17 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by blkspringer
I'm sorry that you and Bill couldn't work things out when he called you last month...
Bill called to clarify that I was welcome to the Turtle having heard someone say they tought I had been barred. I thanked him for the precision and told him no one had told me not to go, it was a decision I took upon myself.

I think the Turtle is the best place and most rocking bar on the Lake and Matt administers it superbly with a great bunch of people, and I will go by car whenever I am around.

However going by boat entails dealing with an individual that I choose not to deal with so until that guy is gone I do not park my boat there.

Thanks for the good wishes Matt and hope to see you out there.

And I am done with this.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:19 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ever forward...

There are spots left at Breakwater's for both Friday and Saturday night, so if anyone wants one call them at 802-864-9804 x 36.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rob blowing a grand....and his crew...
Attached Thumbnails Fall Fun Run on Lake Champlain September 2nd 2006-mash.jpg   Fall Fun Run on Lake Champlain September 2nd 2006-jcperf.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

I was just looking at the charts and I don't see any way to cheat on this route short of leaving half an hour early...

Frank
Hmmm...
Old 08-18-2006, 09:53 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wey de whit womin at?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Matt,
I only speak for the out of towners that were there ... My tab alone on Sat night of the run last year was nearly 1000.00 dollars,(fri night was a few hundred as well) I know my friends(just in my boat) spent near the equivilent......
So your the one that shorted on the bar tab
Old 08-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

lol

I'm working on getting the day off...tough in the hospitality industry, but I'm trying like hell. I think we all need a last hoo-rah before winter...something that will tide people over until November.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Only two weeks away...

I think a nice one leg ride, a stop for lunch, then a second leg back is a great idea. It's a great route.

Looking like in excess of 30 boats confirmed thus far between those on the board and those I've spoken to on the phone.

The lunch stop... http://www.marinalighthouse.com/restaurant2.html

The final stop for the evening...
http://www.ferries.com/events.asp

Quick Reply: Fall Fun Run on Lake Champlain September 2nd 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.