If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Ct/LI Poker Run

Gold Member Gold Member

Ct/LI Poker Run

How many boats ended up going? And how was the run?

My Boats:
    Boatless Right Now
    Jacksonville, FL

Re: Ct/LI Poker Run

Best Run I've been on Yet. There were about 40 boats. Perfect conditions, and not one incident or breakdown. The run was 130 miles, half of which were out in the ocean...huge rollers, but so big that you could go about 70 through them and it was smooth. The run was extremely well organized, especially for the first one ever. Parties at Mohegan Sun were incredible. Absolutely amazing food both nights (and plenty of gambling) . First night was buffet and cocktails upstairs and second night was a sitdown dinner/buffet (very nice) in the ballroom downstairs. Tons of prizes (winning hand was three 8's). Lots of great people. Lunch was at Dead Eye Dicks on Block Island, great food again. It was some kind of water safety day in the sound and everyone did a great job of obeying all the rules and being respectful. One of the card stops was at the Historic Nautilis Submarine at the sub base in Groton, they had boats with 50 cal.'s mounted on the front as we received the card. Pretty intense. I've never seen such a well organized run, it was worth every penny. Poker Runs America and Ocean Performance did a great job. I'll definately be there next year. I'll post some pics as soon as I get done resizing them. They said pics should be up on the pokerrunsAmerica Web Site today.

My Boats:
    Cape Coral FL

Re: Ct/LI Poker Run

Great run. Also want to say thanks for the hospitality to the crew at Ocean Performance.
    Terry Sobo