Notices

weekend at reggies

Old 08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weekend at reggies

a great weekend at reggies . a great big thank you to BTM racing team . bill ,trish, adam, leon, miss red . we had a wounderful time and the shrimp were out of this word good . also got to meet shifter , way cool . team dvc are allways great . i allso got to meet and talk with bob latham , what a nice fellow . talked and answer my ? for 30 min . it was a great weekend and congrat's to nigel hook on a sv win you got to like him . robbie
Old 08-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Registered

Unhappy Re: weekend at reggies

Glad you enjoyed yourself,I was extremely dissapointed in the small boat turnout.The race boats consisted of what 20 boats?

Thank god I decided to leave the big boat at home.Wiccards beach was only open for launching on sunday?WTF!! The ramp by hamton inn was just big enough for my 22 center console.Forget the 38 footer.The car show was cool but I dont think I would go back.My biggest gripe was the wet pits were closed to spectators.If I wanted to see boats sit on trailers,I would go to a boat show.I feel bad for all the racers who spent$$ to drag there stuff to have no boats to race against.I realize there are no guarantees with regards to boat participation but come on.My next trip will be to an oss event,if that doesnt impress Im packin it in.

I always bring my wife and kids and I roughly dumped $1,000.00 to spectate between gas and lodging.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Re: weekend at reggies

A $1000 bucks seems to be the norm for a day of boating with the family.I can't take much more. Got to the marina for a day of boating. Had to fuel up $419 a gal. $438 dollars.Left to go down river (Hudson) out to the Atlantic to play in the waves (58 miles so far) Then back to the east river and on to Manhasset bay now 95 miles on gps. More fuel to top off. $216 dollars now to Louie's for lunch and beers. $160 plus $5 for dock boy.Then back to Haverstraw another 50 miles I didn't get more fuel. Got to git a night job.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered

Re: weekend at reggies

$1000 bucks doesnt get you what it used too!!Thats why we are pissed.Just signed up for the Destin Florida poker run!!I will not be dissapointed there!! 300 boats exspected!!

Probably some hotties as well!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

Default Re: weekend at reggies

it was not the best but nice to see who showed up. after meeting bob latham , shifter , and talking to all the racer i'm pleased . we ate dinner with bill from btm so it was a verry nice weekend for me . i'm verry sorry you did not have a good time . better luck at the next event . robbie