Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT - Bought New Truck!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/13558-ot-bought-new-truck.html)

CheckmateF1 02-04-2002 09:35 PM

Daze, Congrats on the new truck!! I just bought a 2000 F-350 dually w/the V10 and 4.30 gears. All white. I love it too!!! Can't wait for warm weather so I can tow it!!

I hear from a couple guys on this board that we can get better power and gas mileage by adding a K&N filter, exhaust and a Superchip. Im gonna try to do these things this month sometime.

Eric

Audiofn 02-04-2002 09:36 PM

I know what you mean my man. I just got my new truck and can not believe how much more enjoyable every day it for me :D :D

OutlawBayB 02-05-2002 12:09 AM

checkmate,
check out www.summitracing.com - they offer pretty reasonable $$'s (borla,.....etc)and some of the stuff-under dealers we don't do. Liability issues. if you have a good mechanic/muffler shop-they can do most of the stuff for you, but they'll overcharge you on the goods. So, buy them yourself before getting the work done. :rolleyes:

CigDaze 02-05-2002 08:26 AM

Wow, I can't keep up with all the responses.
(I knew I shouldn't have let the wife take control of the 'puter last night :D )

Thank you all very much for the kind words and congrats!!! :cool:

OutlawBayB, thanks for the info...That's some good advice I will definately be looking into soon!

Hey Dan, keep it up, buddy! I'll still take the funds raised for the a/c...I can definately use it to fill the tanks! Thanks Man...We'll deinately see you at the show! Take Care! :D What a ***** it was...two years w/o a/c in florida sucks!!!

Troutly, thanks. Sounds like you have quite the rig yourself! Your numbers sounds pretty good even though you have the 4.30 rear and a bigger truck...that's promising!

CheckmateF1, nice set-up. I know how you feel, I can't wait to really use it...If you so those mods, let us know how they turned out!

Audio, yep...everyday it's now actually a plesaure to get in my vehicle an drive. The constant everyday worries are over.

All I can say is, that this thing really gets up and goes and I can't believe how smoothly and effectively the brakes work!

Thanks Playn :D :D

:cool:

CigDaze 02-05-2002 09:06 AM

That's something we have in common, then...
Trucks are supposed to be lumbering giants, not race cars...My wife and friends say I drive like an old man :rolleyes: :D
Set the cruise, sit back, arm up on the bench, just enough fingers on the wheel :D :D :cool: :cool:

Uncle Toys 02-05-2002 12:00 PM

Congrats Baja, I just got my X three weeks ago. Same set up but in white. My old Suburban was black and it looking *****n (especially with chrome rims). Only problem was I let my wife drive it and she treated it as the ranch pickup. Temperature is no problem - park it in the shade and us the A/C. It's worth it to look that good! Also, don't drive in the fast lane. You need to let the women cruise buy you on the left - LEG CHECK! If you don't like the gas mileage, do what I do - turn the mileage computer to the temp readout ;)

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Uncle Toys ]