Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Do you suppose he is new to boating? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135744-do-you-suppose-he-new-boating.html)

fund razor 07-21-2006 12:45 PM

Re: Do you suppose he is new to boating?

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
LMAO :D

I know the feeling. Ive got a deal going on mine where i have to send in a check with his check :(

At least I cleared something in the mid single digits. :D

pm203 07-21-2006 12:55 PM

Unless you sold him the boat at gunpoint, you should have no reservations about the sale. Congratulations!

StillHaulin@63 07-21-2006 12:57 PM

I was 20 when I bought my first boat, an old wooden "speedboat" with a Cadillac engine.
Although quite a while ago, I think the only question I asked was: HOW MUCH IS IT?

Now some 40 years later, with six or seven boats under my belt,
I recently purchased a 2000 Baja 232 Boss from a young man in Texas.
After studying the detail relating to his Baja, once again the only question I asked was: HOW MUCH IS IT!

I guess you never get over the exitement ....

Cash Bar 07-21-2006 01:00 PM

The best deal is always the one where "both sides are happy"........sounds like this was a good deal.

I made a few mistakes with my first(and second) hi-po's. The boats were great, it was the scumbags selling them that was the problem. :mad:

Not mentioning any names in the National scheme of things, but the both were sold by Bill H's......... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jhiguy377 07-21-2006 03:32 PM

Don't feel bad at all; the right buyer for the kind of boat you decsribe is someone that's in love with the idea of boating and is semi-mystified by all of the new, interesting and cool(to him) equipment on the boat. Congratulations!
Jeff

jayboat 07-21-2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
Thanks man.
Shopping for a really nice hammock. :D

Stepped or non-stepped? :evilb:

Congrats on the sale. Now that you are one of the 'boatless' I hope this doesn't mean you're gonna become one of the 'missing' around here as well. :(

Lee 07-21-2006 05:11 PM

I was at the _________ boat factory a couple of years ago when they were delivering a brand new offshore, The guy was there looking everything over when he asks "Hey, Whats that red and green light for?" :eek: :eek:

seahawk 07-21-2006 05:11 PM

Forgetabout it go buy your new boat!

Strip Poker 388 07-21-2006 05:30 PM

Fund congrats on the sale . You have nothing to worry about ,Just think of the dealers and brokers that sell the 100mph plus boats to idiots that never owned a boat before .

My first boat was a New 1989 28 Scarab,I never had a boat before or been over 35MPH in one,I didnt even test drive it, The dealer just wanted the money!!!,He didnt even ask or offer any info on the boat.I was happy with it for 12 years so I guess I did ok :drink:

So Fund what you going to get next??????????

Rob :D

bouyhunter 07-21-2006 05:35 PM

Fund - you rotten, rotten man.

You did not explain to him what it is going to cost to maintain and feed this money sponge he just acquired. How this new "time" sponge will suck hours and hours out of his regular life. How when this new aqua-sition is broken down, he will feel like his arms are falling off, and he'll be stopping at the repair shop every 4 hrs to check on the progress, only to find it sitting exeactly where it was 4 hrs previous. You didn't explain to him that when you are quoted a length of time for a boat repair, that the time span is Jupiter Standard Time. You didn't explain to him that this could be the beginning of the end of his marriage, subsequently resulting in the loss of his House, his Dually, and eventually his new boat.
I know the effects of this - I've lived it.
You told him the things wrong with the boat - but he didn't understand what that ment. When I bought my first boat, the owner told me it had "extra heavy-duty motor mounts"
I later found out, that meant it had rotten stringers - with really long bolts holding to the wood that was below the rot.

You're like a Crack Dealer on Monroe St. :D
Go Fund!!! Go sell the Rock , baby, Go sell the Rockl!!!

Congrats on the sale - let me know what kinda Hammock you decide on - seems these days, that's more in my budget than a boat.