Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Getting in the 100's for under $65k? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135768-getting-100s-under-%2465k.html)

waterboy222 07-21-2006 06:30 PM

Getting in the 100's for under $65k?

Is it possible? Im looking to add a second boat to the stall and have been looking and researching. Id like to have something thats incredibly fast as it wont be a family boat. Thats what my cobalt is for. Im looking for something that I can take out and stretch its legs on calm weekends and something that is going to get me used to the power and handling of a performance boat before i step up to a larger craft.

Itd be used on grand lake here in oklahoma and would like to make a trip or two over the summers to LOTO and havasu just so i can see what its all about. So id like to have something thats easy to trailer and preferably single engine (i dont think twins would be an option for my price range) in the 28' + range.

Is there any companys out there marketing boats like this or am I just wishful thinking? Id really like to get into a cat because ive heard that they really will renew your love for the water. I want something thats really pretty plain so that I can add my own stuff to (paint, stereo, accessories) stuff like that.

Any ideas? Can you guys push me in the right direction? Feel free to tell me im bein a jackass if you think im undershooting my price for what i want.

berns29scarab 07-21-2006 06:43 PM

Re: Getting in the 100's for under $65k?

2 Attachment(s)
hmmmmmmmmmm..1998 30 Spectre with 2003 300x's.

dyno 07-21-2006 06:51 PM

good luck at that price....going to need to be a cat to run 100+ with big power......65k I dont think so.

RJBBC 07-21-2006 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by waterboy222
Is it possible? Im looking to add a second boat to the stall and have been looking and researching. Id like to have something thats incredibly fast as it wont be a family boat. Thats what my cobalt is for. Im looking for something that I can take out and stretch its legs on calm weekends and something that is going to get me used to the power and handling of a performance boat before i step up to a larger craft.

Itd be used on grand lake here in oklahoma and would like to make a trip or two over the summers to LOTO and havasu just so i can see what its all about. So id like to have something thats easy to trailer and preferably single engine (i dont think twins would be an option for my price range) in the 28' + range.

Is there any companys out there marketing boats like this or am I just wishful thinking? Id really like to get into a cat because ive heard that they really will renew your love for the water. I want something thats really pretty plain so that I can add my own stuff to (paint, stereo, accessories) stuff like that.

Any ideas? Can you guys push me in the right direction? Feel free to tell me im bein a jackass if you think im undershooting my price for what i want.

An American Offshore 26 should be an option. There are a few out there online that may meet your criteria. I understand they can run around a 100mph with a 650HP single (IO) and handle well at all speeds for a cat.

waterboy222 07-21-2006 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by RJBBC
An American Offshore 26 should be an option. There are a few out there online that may meet your criteria. I understand they can run around a 100mph with a 650HP single (IO) and handle well at all speeds for a cat.

hmmmm, i think ill look into that. I think they were actually built here on Grand Lake back int he day werent they? I remember riding in one WAY back when.. before i even had any interest in boating. It was a winter time ride.. yuck..haha..

do you know the model name?

RJBBC 07-21-2006 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by waterboy222
hmmmm, i think ill look into that. I think they were actually built here on Grand Lake back int he day werent they? I remember riding in one WAY back when.. before i even had any interest in boating. It was a winter time ride.. yuck..haha..

do you know the model name?

I believe they have two model names with that size of boat the 2600 and NXS. To my knowlede the bottom design on both are the same taken from Talon's mold. The NXS is my personal favorite because the front seats are together allowing for a throttleman and driver. I am not sure about the history of American Offshore.

KNOT-RIGHT 07-21-2006 08:07 PM

I have been playing with this idea aswell.

I would set my sights on something like this.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5776.html

:drink:

waterboy222 07-21-2006 08:27 PM

Wow, thats an impressive ride but Im really leaning towards I/O's.. I like the idea of being able to supercharge it or change stuff around.. i know u can do mods to OB's but my preference is in the i/o's... thanks for the responses.. and the pictures!

otis311 07-21-2006 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
hmmmmmmmmmm..1998 30 Spectre with 2003 300x's.

Hey dumbass, He's looking for something under $65k

You want to sell that thing for under that, call me, Ill buy it tomarrow

Love,
Otis

nordic95 07-21-2006 09:36 PM

Hey otis,

Lets go get Burnies boat,screw some plywood to the top and add some pontoon furniture.Best of both worlds :D :D

Nordic95