Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Facts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135820-facts.html)

FeverMike 07-27-2006 05:02 PM

Re: The Facts

Klaatu, not my kit just one I sold...I work for dw...I have a couple of kits simular to that kit just different colors and such.
take care, Mike

Racegirl3 07-27-2006 05:05 PM

Sabian cymbals? :D

FeverMike 07-27-2006 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by yahoo
Mike,
Did you ever catch the 36 fountain supercat ? If so where and how were they hiding the weight ?

Was that before your time ? Also which supercat did you catch in the worlds in 2000 ?

I know the f3 boat you found the aluminum flywheels, it also had altered drives ( one down shaft).

Hi Curtis, the Fountain Supercat was 1 year before me but they ran it in a couple of races in 2000 but I remeber that boat as always being last and/or breaking down. I believe you remember all about the 2000 Worlds...I hated to see that weight come up for you guys and I weighed that boat 5 times but the weight I called into Mike T and Paul A was to light and Charile Hames took the Championship.

FeverMike 07-27-2006 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Sabian cymbals? :D

RG3 not sure what you mean with the question mark but Sabian cymbals are an off shoot of the Zildjian family. I could go into the total history of that but ...uh...this is a boating site. You've probaly heard of Zildjian if you are at a lot of concerts. The big 3 are Zildjian, Paiste and Sabian for cymbals.
Gotta go play my drums now! :drink:

LostinBoston 07-27-2006 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
RG3 not sure what you mean with the question mark but Sabian cymbals are an off shoot of the Zildjian family. I could go into the total history of that but ...uh...this is a boating site. You've probaly heard of Zildjian if you are at a lot of concerts. The big 3 are Zildjian, Paiste and Sabian for cymbals.

I used K, before i went electric (only for space and sound reasons while living in an apt.)

FeverMike 07-27-2006 06:35 PM

Lostin, I used to have a heck of a electronic rig intergrated into my acoustic kit back in the 80's and early 90's when I played professionally. I really want to get one of the Roland kits for my music room.

I use to have a bunch of K. and A. Custom Zildjians but I slowly switched over to Paiste Signature and 2002....although Zildjian just came out with some models call Hybrid..kinda a cross of K's and A's that sound really nice...not rock cymbals but good all around medium volume cymbals.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-27-2006 06:44 PM

Lostin, I used to have a heck of a electronic rig intergrated into my acoustic kit back in the 80's and early 90's when I played professionally. I really want to get one of the Roland kits for my music room.

I use to have a bunch of K. and A. Custom Zildjians but I slowly switched over to Paiste Signature and 2002....although Zildjian just came out with some models call Hybrid..kinda a cross of K's and A's that sound really nice...not rock cymbals but good all around medium volume cymbals.

Damn now if this isn't going off the beatin' path.... :rolleyes:

100-Plus 07-27-2006 06:46 PM

The initial thread that spawned this one, "Fountain and Innovation are Cheaters!" was enough to draw me out of chronic lurkdom. There were so many questions, all of which boiled down to: Who knew what and when? Probably best the thread got pulled or deleted, but if there's anything I learned conclusively from the thread it was that people:

A) Need to reconsider the wisdom of taking something public that later they might want private.

B) Take a breath before they post. For example, someone hammered Fever Mike, a former tech inspector, for saying what the latest OSS race in Puerto Rico proved, that lots of boats/teams are breaking technical rules.

My guess is there's more to the Wazzup/Fountain story than any of us will ever know, much less have a right to know. But my opinion, and take it only as that, was that putting it out there in the first place, in such a public forum, was a mistake.

Judging from the deletion of the thread, the people involved agree.

Racegirl3 07-27-2006 06:56 PM

Oh yes .. I know. I wondered what brand you use ... Im partial to Sabian (my dogs name is Sabian Jax :cool: ).. and I know what the name means or why (lol) and yes .. it is one of the silly things I notice when Im at concerts (what kind of cymbals the bands usin) :D

Racegirl3 07-27-2006 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Damn now if this isn't going off the beatin' path.... :rolleyes:

Keeps life interesting .. eh? :drink: