Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rough water battles (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/135859-rough-water-battles.html)

XPRESS 33PP 09-20-2006 02:33 PM

Re: Rough water battles

I heard that the boat stuffed in shallow water and hit bottom, Dan then added another bulk head in the middle of the cabin on the newer Powerplays. You have to watch for it when your in the cabin, you can easily bump your head on it.

Comanche3Six 09-20-2006 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
I heard that the boat stuffed in shallow water and hit bottom,

that would explain the extreme destruction

CustomRigger101 09-23-2006 09:15 PM

33 foot powerplay 700sc konrad ace 20 13.07%
36 apache 700sc konrad ace 93 60.78%
35 cig 700sc's konrad aces 40 26.14%

side note about these.. all are good boats to own.. all lean to the custom boat builders of the world.. but everyone has there story..

i always liked the PowerPlay boats.. very nicely built but there are a couple thing that i didn't like.. mono hull.. well that will never change.. boat runs very hard for the size and the year the hull was made.. very efficient hull.. but the thing i like lease about the boat is the deck and liner.. the complaint is are small on them because of the way that the deck is designed.. now if you need to go forward to drop anchor you have all the room to run aside the wind screen but it takes ALLOT of the beam to get the flat deck look and take on less then 12 inch of room out of the liner for starboard to port side of the boat.. and i'm a big guy and don't enjoy the way to room is lost.. and danny once a long time ago alway to everyone that no madder how bad it got on the water he's boat would never have hull/deck separation.. well i don't remember how took him up on his offer but one guy did and danny let him call the day.. guy waited two-three weeks for one of th e worst days and told danny to splash her.. they took it out government cut and this guy just launched the 33 off 8 footers for an hour.. long story short it was a long ride back to the shop for danny that day..

my pick was the apache.. not that many people have them and everyone would take one.. big heavy slow boat with ALLOT of fun.. and alot of safe fun too...

same as the cig.. may be easier to sell this boat down the road than the other two.. powerplay will be VERY hard to sell in 3-4 years.. powerboaters know the boat now and will know them for years to come.. but ask 4-5 people at where you work if they have every heard of them.. same as the apache..

good luck with what every you desdie to buy and i hope you and your family have many happy years boating

thomas

THRILLSEEKER 09-27-2006 09:02 AM

What year 35 Cigarette?

SKRAMER 09-28-2006 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
m. m., you looking backwards to see where your hair went :evilb: :D

ROTFLMAO

TeamSaris 09-30-2006 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
I heard that the boat stuffed in shallow water and hit bottom, Dan then added another bulk head in the middle of the cabin on the newer Powerplays. You have to watch for it when your in the cabin, you can easily bump your head on it.

What year was that?

berns29scarab 11-26-2006 10:00 PM

that video was bad azzzzz...Warpath either had a helluva lot more weight in the front or was running a ton of tab in comparison to the team Apache boat...team apache seemed a lil flighty

Panther 11-27-2006 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
that video was bad azzzzz...Warpath either had a helluva lot more weight in the front or was running a ton of tab in comparison to the team Apache boat...team apache seemed a lil flighty

Bob Saccenti said that there was an electrical problem with the Team Apache boat in that race and they had to set the trim at a neutral angle and just go for it! :cool:

"Originally Posted by Bob Saccenti"

WHAT TABS?????

We had none!!! We discovered a electrical problem on the Team Apache Boat at the start of the race. That’s why we started 15 minutes late. We had a lot of time and water to make up… Every time I touch the trim tabs or the drives. The engines would lose power. Too much voltage needed to run all the trim motors with shorted batteries. So I set all the trims to a “happy medium general type setting” and told the crew to hold on baby!!! We are going for it..

Surprisingly we finished only of few seconds behind the first boat in spite of the spine and wound up in second place UIM world Champions 1985

Ahhh the good old days

Bobby Saccenti

fountainracing42 12-18-2006 09:17 PM

who would have ever guessed this thread was going to be an all out opiniated war!!! I love O.S.O. (i picked apache)lol

Donman 12-18-2006 11:21 PM

Why was Sutphen not in the mix ?

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: