Notices

Chicago Poker Run 2006

Old 07-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicago Poker Run 2006

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Andy? Is that MM's name? He introduced himself 3 times over the weekend, and I never caught his name. (hint hint)

Yep, It's Andy. And yeah, He's one of ours.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Andy? Is that MM's name? He introduced himself 3 times over the weekend, and I never caught his name. (hint hint)

It was very likely an honest mistake on his part. He probably SAW three of you standing there and, being the nice guy that he is, did'nt want to be rude and ignore the other two.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

OSO Steve and Chicago Powerboat Club Board Member, Frank Holas (10X)
Attached Thumbnails Chicago Poker Run 2006-chicago-poker-run-2006-032-medium-.jpg  
Old 07-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

The Back4More Poker Run Team had a blast, thanks to all that made it happen...We are already looking forward to next years event.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Exponentially better than last year, even though I didn't get to run the red boat. Dan drove well enough that my wife complimented him...twice. She NEVER tells me I'm driving well!! Great to see everyone had fun, great job and many congrats to Mark Smith for putting together another incredible event. Hope to see everybody again next year.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I have to agree with everyone that it was a great run. I hitched a ride on Monsoon on the morning leg and had a blast. These guys are not exaggerating the size of the waves. Thanks to everyone for another great run and I can't wait for next years Chicago Poker Run.
Brian I also want to thank you for the ride. Monsoon is quite a boat.
Also what a difference a day makes. We just got home from a day of floating in the shadows of downtown and the lake was perfect.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered

To the great people of the Chicago Powerboat Club. Congrats guys, you did it again! The best, safest and most fun poker run I've ever been to. I was so happy to see all my Chicago friends, especially Dan, Frank and Mark.It seemed like yesterday when we first met everyone, and you were all as genuine and warm as I remember you. A big thank you to Scott who helped me out with the hoses. After a small battery mishap in the morning, we ran back out and played a bit to be sure everything was good and joined everybody for lunch. A concept I still am having trouble grasping after 20 years of racing, and went out for the afternoon run. After realizing we had propped the boat a bit too big, we bumped our way to Chicago only to be in the coolest, most impromptu boat parade I have ever seen. By the way, thanks Frank for posting that short clip -it was awesome-and the offer of the fuel.You are very generous. . And Dan, if you didn't get us running back from Chicago through that water doing over 90, you can expect a dead fish in your mailbox. And I don't mean Swedish Fish, Candyman.....
And Mark, what can I say, buddy.....You're awesome!
It seemed Sunday came around so fast and sadly it was time to return to New Jersey.To all my friends in Chicago, and the new ones I made Saturday night, You did a super,super job and are super,super people!

Best regards and friendship,
Rich
Rio Roses
Old 07-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Registered

I would like to give a very special thanks all of the sponsors that were very generous with their donations to help make the event the success that it was.

I would also like to thank all of the volunters that helped pulled everything together especially:
Roger McDonald with registration - perfect job.
Dan Vasta with everything that he does and more and more........beyond the call of duty.
Steve Shay - Mr. Dependable - Everything you did for the club was perfect.
The ladies of registration are always the best: Marcy, Lois, Kathyjo, Lori, Vicky, Michelle.

Vic Spelberg and Steve Nelson with crew are the best clothing folders and got the job done.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:07 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
To the great people of the Chicago Powerboat Club. Congrats guys, you did it again! The best, safest and most fun poker run I've ever been to. I was so happy to see all my Chicago friends, especially Dan, Frank and Mark.It seemed like yesterday when we first met everyone, and you were all as genuine and warm as I remember you. A big thank you to Scott who helped me out with the hoses. After a small battery mishap in the morning, we ran back out and played a bit to be sure everything was good and joined everybody for lunch. A concept I still am having trouble grasping after 20 years of racing, and went out for the afternoon run. After realizing we had propped the boat a bit too big, we bumped our way to Chicago only to be in the coolest, most impromptu boat parade I have ever seen. By the way, thanks Frank for posting that short clip -it was awesome-and the offer of the fuel.You are very generous. . And Dan, if you didn't get us running back from Chicago through that water doing over 90, you can expect a dead fish in your mailbox. And I don't mean Swedish Fish, Candyman.....
And Mark, what can I say, buddy.....You're awesome!
It seemed Sunday came around so fast and sadly it was time to return to New Jersey.To all my friends in Chicago, and the new ones I made Saturday night, You did a super,super job and are super,super people!

Best regards and friendship,
Rich
Rio Roses
Rich im sorry i didnt post it over in this section...here it is. I've got this clip saved to my favorites, CAUSE, in the middle of winter, when the snow's fallin, and I'm really depressed, I'm gonna keep playing it over and over again, to get me pumped up about summer coming and getting to run with you again.
Thank you again for your friendship. Give your lovely wife Kathy a big kiss for me, she's a doll.

Mike, Anthony, Matt, and Tony S, thank you all again for all of your support from Team Rio Roses. You guys are great !!!

http://media.putfile.com/rio-roses-58
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 07-23-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
And Dan, if you didn't get us running back from Chicago through that water doing over 90, you can expect a dead fish in your mailbox. And I don't mean Swedish Fish, Candyman.....

LMAO No dead fish for this Italian....I prefer the Swedish kind. Still looking for a running shot of the other Rio Roses. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Attached Thumbnails Chicago Poker Run 2006-25.jpg  

Quick Reply: Chicago Poker Run 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.