Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - Extreme Street Motorcycle Video >

OT - Extreme Street Motorcycle Video

Notices

OT - Extreme Street Motorcycle Video

Old 01-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Bruce

Talking OT - Extreme Street Motorcycle Video

It's not boats, but some friends of mine have made a private label video showcasing their street bike driving talents put to the music of four local St. Louis bands. The video features wheely's in traffic at 140 mph verified by the chase vehicle speedo shot, standing up on the seat of the bike and removing his helmet at 65 mph, a guy with 14 oustanding arrest warrants running from the police carrying the video recorder, feet on the pegs smoking rear wheel doughnuts in a parking lot, huge Kneelies transitioning directly into a wheely, a guy's first fight of his life taking place in a extreme boxing competition, and much more. The plan is to sell the video's for $24.99 each, I think they are well worth it. They crashed two bikes just making the video, and there is a shot of being hauled away in a police cruiser, thus more incidental costs. I have selected seven people for a screening of this video from this board. Stinson, DeBeezer, Cord, Kook, US1Fountain, Too Old, and Katdriver to receive copies of the video. Please watch it, and if you don't think it's worth the money pass it on to someone you think might, and I ask for a donation sent back. My gameplan is to get them exposure and help sell some video's. I'm sure all you guy's know somebody that would buy the video, if not send it back. My friend's call themselves Streetfighterz, and have a web site: www.streetfighterz.com. Everything is filmed on the streets of St. Louis with the permission of nobody. If anyone else thinks they want a video please let me know.

Old 01-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Intolerant1

I find it ironic to find this post on the same day another member posts about responsible and safe boating practices. As an avid motorcycle rider who appreciates the performance and freedom modern sportbikes offer, I hate to see these videos. They do nothing but further the stereotype of "kids riding crotch rockets". Many insurance companies will not insure these types of bikes. The ones that do, with the exception of State Farm, are charging astronomical rates. I'm sorry to step on your post but I hate to see anything that serves to undermine one of my favorite activities.

Old 01-25-2002, 05:16 PM
Bruce

You have a valid point and I have voiced my opinion on the lack of safety and protective devices directly to them. I'm trying to help them sell a product and recover costs. Insurance companies have problems with anything fast or dangerous. I view this video as so extreme that any normal rider would never attempt their exploit's. I see this as entertainment, not instruction. If you feel it's detrimental to a sport you enjoy I can see your side, but personally I don't think that broad. I enjoy motorcycle's but I also know my limitations, if I choose to exceed my limitations I must accept the concequences. In my opinion, their video showcases some amazing talent.

Old 01-26-2002, 01:09 AM
elimi

i want one . i love that ****-email me how to get one or send money or whatever it takes.

Old 01-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Intolerant1

Well if ya gotta have it, click here http://www.sportbikes.net/movies/index.html

Old 01-26-2002, 08:26 AM

Chew some ludes dudes...

Although the site should be called streetsquids.com and the video named the same...we all have a desire deep down inside to be "bad boys". We all express ourselves in different ways. Most of us live vicariously through big HP and fast boats and that's great. The young guys on the video are living vicariously the way they want to. Good for them. I had the chance to do the same they they do, but I chose to do it on a racetrack - then end results was the same: ADRENALIN!

I think it's great. Let's not bash these guys, let them do their thing and if you think it's entertaining; great!

If you think it's stupid and foolish well that's just fine too...and have fun in your Bayliner doing 28 mph....

Old 01-26-2002, 09:21 AM
supercrash

I have found that 90% of the people on this board will get offended if someone blows a fart,or burps outload..The normal "GUY" things are already outlawed..I have never met a group that is so easily offended.Intolerant made a funny retard joke and was crucified for it..Was it really that bad???I am a mans man and can handle most anything...why doesn't everybody take off their pantyhose and join the MAN club...

OH YA...My point..Bruce this tape is probably great...But most these people are not ready..they are just gonna lecture you about safety and such..

Old 01-26-2002, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JeffreyBoy:
<STRONG>and have fun in your Bayliner doing 28 mph....

</STRONG>
hehe..... its shorgasm's boat
Old 01-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Bruce

I think Intolerant made a very valid point and many people will share his opinion. These guy's perform their moves in shorts and a tee shirt in some cases, clearly that is not safety oriented, but it's their choice. They don't tell people to do things that way and they accept their own concequences. They are very careful to only put themselves in danger, not the entire public. Part of the draw from the people watching is that they are not in safety equipment. I support safety and I feel very responsible for education because I build engines that let people put themselves in danger. I feel it is my resposibility to educate the customer of the potential new dangers and provide the best quality product, but after that I let it go. I don't want any organized body of people mandating what I must do or wear in a pleasure environment. In a racing environment I expect everything to be specified including safety items, and the rules to be fully inspected and adhered too. Pleasure is just that, if I decide my pleasure is going 120 mph is a boat, alone without safety equipment, I must accept my own concequences. I feel the mistakes start if I have other's in the boat or I don't fully understand the danger. These riders fully understand the danger, they choose to trust their talent and accept the concequences. Elimi, email info is in my profile, send me a mailing address and I'll get a video to you. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Bruce, are these the guy's that have their bike's covered in fur (fake Zebra and others) if so I have seen it and it's amazing! Awsome to see! I want a copy!
Brad
P.S. I heard that the reason they put the fur on, is so that they can rip it off after a police chase (it's velcroed on) so it looks like a different bike!! Pretty sneeky!

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: FunHome ]

Quick Reply: OT - Extreme Street Motorcycle Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.