Notices

Trim switches

Old 02-04-2002, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out the Teleflex pro trim turn signal switches, Have installed hundreds and are very reliable and easy to work, no interefence and will work with any helm system, hope this helps.
Marc
Old 02-04-2002, 06:21 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Payton-the only one's that I'm familiar with bolt on the hub of the wheel and turn with it. You're right, though-it would make more sense to come off of the hub.

We're getting a Firehawak. www.firehawkboats.com

Towel Boy-I'll see if I can find a website.

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Cord ]
Old 02-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh man Cord, those are nice. congrats!
Old 02-04-2002, 07:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cord my Hydrostream has the buttons on the wheel and there is NO other way that I would have it. When you are driving that fast in a boat that light the last thing you want to do is take your hands off the wheel!! Once I got used to it (about 2-3 times out) it was totally second nature and I never had to think about it and it was never hard to find. I got in the habbit of sliding my hand on the wheel and I would just know exactly were they were. Hope that helps. On the Formula I have the trim on the dash, but it will be all redone this year and I will have them in the dash and the throttles.

Jon
Old 02-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Oh ya a way to spiffy up the Morse controls is check out on Boat US they have some machined knobs that just screw on to the tops and look MUCH better then the plastic ones
Old 02-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Cord, I got a set of those pro trim switches brand new, never installed-cheap if you want them. If you're interested let me know and I'll shoot you a pic.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:42 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Audio-your hydro had a foot throttle right? I was originally thinking of land and sea's hand/foot throttle, but I was told "no way, stick with the hand throttle". I ask because I wonder about trimming and steering with my left hand while throttling with my right. Could get interesting if I all of a sudden need to jerk the wheel.

I got the info on the GT marine Cordless (I know) rotary trim system. Oommphfa! It's like $500!

Towel Boy, I looked at the Teleflex systems, but they may be specifically for their columns. I don't know if they can be adapted to a different hub.

inspec-look out! An e-mail is comming your way!
Old 02-04-2002, 08:54 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Cord Yes it was a foot throttle and a hand throttle. It works very well. If you are sitting down I can not think of a safer way to run a boat. That way both hands are ALWAYS on the wheel and you can to all functions instantly.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I agree with you fully. But I must defer to people with alot more experience, brains, and money than me.

P.S. fire up the other computer so we can im.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trim on the trottles is the ONLY way to go.
I drove one boat with them in the stereo spokes. Talk about awkward
I do have the bolt on rocker switch on the left spoke of the sterring wheel, but this is ONLY for the center trim tab.
The one thing I want changed on mine is that I have a single switch on the throttle for BOTH drives. It works great, but sometimes I do have to reach down to touch up the port drive a little to even out at high speeds.
I agree with Audiofn, dual hand and foot throttle is a great feature. Hand when towing skiers or around docks. But foot throttle when under power runs. Much safer too.

Quick Reply: Trim switches

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.