Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Center Console or Go Fast? >

Center Console or Go Fast?

Notices
View Poll Results: What would you rather have in a 38' boat?
38 Center Console
49.07%
38 Go Fast
50.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Center Console or Go Fast?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Center Console or Go Fast?

jest might .
Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FeverMike
tony what would I be kidding about? Seriously what would you purchase if you were going to buy a new boat in the 38 foot range?
A very sleek, racey and sporty 38 foot center console with triples or a 38 go fast style boat?

What do you all think the pro's and con's of each boat are?

I can tell you the go fast will be faster but I also can tell you the center console is easier to maintane for every weekend style of boating. Plus you can have more friends on board and the boat is easy to beach and get on and off. Also with the CC you can dive, fish, cruise and party plus the CC is easy to insure and gets better gas mileage....so what would you all rather have?

Ok wasn't trying to piss you off. I would go for the go fast in 38 foot flavor of choice would be Powerplay or Top gun
Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Tony, I'm not pissed off, mad, insulted, hurt. Just wanted to make sure you and others understood the post.

Driven1, you freakin ruined me! I was totally happy until that short little ride that day. Freakin' awesome! The problem right now is insurance in Florida and finding someone that will trade for a boat I want without playing all the games marine dealers love to play. I need to make sure I want to get back into a go fast. You know those Verado's seem to be awesome and reliable and my Fountain 38TE is a stout strong good running boat and the 38TE Fountain like most other CC's is super easy to take care of. Driven, if the weather holds out this Sunday would be the day we would go boating.I will happily take photo's of you running. We will go Saturday if our car comes in on Friday but it looks like delivery day for the car is Saturday. Call me!

This poll however is not toally for me...it;s for some else too.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Fever Mike-

Have you talked to buyafountain.com about trading?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Registered

Mke I had a 2000 38 lighting and traded on a 2003 38 te cc fountain I traded because its maintaince free. I got tired of climbing in the bilge but I miss my lighting for the adrenlin rush I got, I'am feeling the same way as you!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What length is Cigarette's new CC? Beam? Speed?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Rush, yes I do not want to be climbing in the bildge to fix CMI headers, and other stuff. 1st of all I am too big to be in abildge and 2nd of all I'd have to take my prosthetic leg off just to manuver around the bildge.

Lucky Strike, I do not believe I've talked to buyafountain.com but I have talked to some and it seems no one really wants to throw some numbers out that seem do-able...just highly inflated numbers or they do not want to give me squat on my trade...which is brand new 8 months old with low hours...Joker on here was on my boat a few weeks ago and can vouch for it's shape. Anyway the 07's are coming out so someone will need to dump something. I wish my local Fountain dealer whom I bought my 38TE from delt in the performance Fountain's more and just wanted to move some.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Rush, yes I do not want to be climbing in the bildge to fix CMI headers, and other stuff. 1st of all I am too big to be in abildge and 2nd of all I'd have to take my prosthetic leg off just to manuver around the bildge.
That's what warranties are for.

I didn't see the "both" option in your poll, which is the way I went, of course neither my go fast, or my CC is 38 feet long. I bought my CC brand new in 1988. I watched them build it. I've always said it's the last boat I'd ever sell. It's just so much easier to deal with, especially just being 18 feet long, but it is a BIG 18 footer. Lots of freeboard, and 8 foot beam. It's just so versatile too. I've been 40 miles out in the Gulf with it, and fished in 2 feet of water, pulled skiers, kneeboards, and just cruise in it. The best thing is, in the 18 years I've owned it, I have NEVER been towed in. Deb and I call it "Old Reliable". I just spent a few days on a lake in South Carolina with it.

With all that being said, there's still nothing quite like riding around in a performance boat. As I'm sure you know, it's a totally different feeling.
Attached Thumbnails Center Console or Go Fast?-4-30-014-small-.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-cuda3.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-2-small-.jpg  

Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Fever, that's a tough question. My last boat was a 160mph 36 Nor-tech. Sold it, and have a CC now. I got another go fast coming, but I got to say, my CC has been the best all around boat I've owned. As long as I can afford boating I will always have a CC. Good luck in your choice. BTW, I did not vote. Your questions like do ya want a Corona with Lime in Havasu AZ, or a Goose and seven with a splash of OJ in the FL keys.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blingbling
Your questions like do ya want a Corona with Lime in Havasu AZ, or a Goose and seven with a splash of OJ in the FL keys.
Interesting Question for sure, as I feel it pertains to me in my current situation.....I have my 33/36 Concept for sale now (OSO Classifieds) and will be looking for a 38' go-fast..... I have questioned myself about this decision with all the points that some of you have made, regarding gas, insurance, maintence etc... My last two boats have been CC and just looking for a change??? Both would be the right answer, but I cant afford that and I only have one lift to store whatever I own/buy... blingbling pretty much summed it up with his drink comment......

Quick Reply: Center Console or Go Fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.